Monday, December 15, 2008

Best Date Ever, Part 2

Who: Little man and moi
Activity: Bolt

I decided to take the little man to the movies for the first time- ever. It sounded like the perfect way to kick off the weekend. I was a little apprehensive though. I was envisioned popcorn thrown everywhere, Noah running around screaming with me not able to catch him with my hands full carrying our goodies, and him squirming in his seat wanting to leave half way though. You know- how it is at church. (Side note: reminds me if we had sacrament FIRST the way it was intended to be he would do much better and we could always enjoy a full 3 hours of church. If you know anyone who can change this have them call me.)

Nope, it didn't happen that way at all, the little man was an angel. I first sat him in his own seat next to me but his big seat pretty much folded back up with him in it. He didn't like that so and I don't think he could even see so he sat on my lap. He happily munched on popcorn and sipped his Sprite and watched THE ENTIRE MOVIE. There were also a couple quiet parts where Noah yelled out 'ah oh' and 'cute'. We had the best time. Now I have to take him to see Madagascar 2...he will love it!

10 comments:

mindy said...

That's so great!! Next time ask the theater if they have a boster seat. They had one at the theater we went to and it was perfect. It even had a drink holder.

amy k said...

How fun! Isn't it sad when they grow up so fast? Mad. 2 is good and really cute.

Laryl said...

What a great post! I'm so glad you both had such a fun time! And YAY to Noah for being SO good!!

Channa said...

So cute! Kids are full of surprises. I can relate on the sacrament thing - our ward is the same and I hate it! Even worse, we are indefinitely stuck with the 9 am slot because we share the building with TWO singles wards who refuse to rotate times. UGH!:)

Perschon Family said...

you're brave! but obviously it paid off! that is so cute that he did so good! i hope you have fun at Madagascar 2!

Unknown said...

Was the movie good? We've been thinking about taking ours to see it too. AND I have the same images you had but with Jack, the last movie was just like that. I'm hoping he's old enough too. Wish us luck!

Miranda said...

Those boosters just don't work...they need to fix 'em.

What did you see? We took Meg to see Bolt Thanksgiving Day and she LoVeD it.

I'm with you on changing the order church...the kids are wired by the 3rd hour...who can we call?? Tommy?

Shar said...

How fun! Don't you love it when they can sit (semi)still for a movie?

And Bolt was really cute.

Heidi said...

Awesome! I love that he yelled out, "cute!" Oh, and um, it's the stake president, I believe, that changes church. :)

Rachel B said...

I am so impressed that he was so good his first time!!! What a fun way for him to spend some time with one of the best mommy's ever?!!!