Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Birthday Thoughts

I had a birthday earlier this week and I can't believe that I am 33. Is it weird that I love birthdays? Cause I totally do. I suck it up for all it is worth and dig being queen for a day. Every year I look forward to taking the day off work to hit the day spa, have a brunch or lunch, lounge by the pool, have dinner at a favorite restaurant, or go see a movie. I just try to pack as much fun and relaxation into the day as I can. And who doesnt like opening presents? It is so fun to read all the cards and open little gifts from family and friends. I have the best friends ever! And I don't even mind getting older. I mean, I have so much more maturity and wisdom that comes each year. Bah! ha ha.
Do you like your birthday?
Here are a couple of pictures from when my sis was in town...I wanted to post more...but blogger wasn't cooperating with me.
The Robster doing what he does best. I almost peed my pants when my sis tipped him over.
Gabey and Lottie at Gardner Village.

Me and my devil child.

After the pond swimming incident.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Wow that is a tight fit in the car

Jessie said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!!

I love milking my birthday for all it is worth! In fact, I try and mild the birth week!!

The first picture is KILLING me!!

Lyf2.0 said...

Queen for a day? Oh no, my sweet. You need to up it to a week!

...And to others...

Note how wet Laura's jeans are from Noah's escapade...

Rachel B said...

LOVE the photos!!!!! And yes...I think I will follow your example from now on! Birthdays are the best! Glad your's was happy!

Perschon Family said...

I love that you had such a nice birthday! Don't you love having a Summer birthday?! I hated being th youngest in my grade but other than that, I LOVED that I could do so many fun things outside for my b-day parties! And I still love that about having a b-day in June. Sounds like you take full advantage of it as well! I agree that it is so nice to be queen for a day! And your pictures are so cute..even if he is a little devil child!! (loved that story!) And Rob is hilarious...I feel claustraphobic just looking at him in that tiny car!

Heidi said...

Oh my heck - that little stinker. Of course - in this case, mommy is the lifeguard. :) I also love my birthday... and I am still selfish enough to think that everyone should know it's your birthday, so they should be nice... even complete strangers. I'm a weirdo.

Keli said...

I'm glad you had a good day. I know how much you love your birthday, and you totally deserve having it all about what you want to do! And having Gabe there, I'm sure that made it even more awesome!

rosebud said...

That is great that you pamper yourself and take such good care of yourself... that is a good example for us to set for our kids (I haven't been that great yet) and your little one will really know how to take care of his woman when he gets one, too!

Don, Windy, and Bode said...

I am glad to see a photo from the Pond incidnet. That is one of my favorite stories ever!