Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hello From Az

First off, I have to admit that I've been the worst blogger lately! When I actually have things to blog about I have zero time and when I have spare time there is absolutely nothing blog-worthy.

Anywho I'm down in Scottsdale for a quick overnight business trip and I almost feel like I am on vacation because it is so nice and warm- and staying at a great hotel doesn't hurt. The high 80's has been such a nice reminder of what summer feels like. Seriously I can't tell you how excited I am to have packed sandals and a summery wardrobe. The only thing that could make it better would be having my two boys with me. They would love it- especially Noah, he is totally over winter!


After my meetings yesterday I hurried back to the hotel so I could catch the last of the sun out at the pool. Then I remembered I needed to hit up Trader Joe's for some provisions to smuggle home. There were so many good things, I wished I could have loaded up an entire shopping cart...and it is all so cheap/fresh/good! Last winter when I was down here with my manager they 'upgraded' our rental to a Mustang, it was turquoise blue and a convertible. Kinda fun...but it was SOOOOOO fruity. So yesterday when they asked if we would like another complimentary upgrade we took it but luckily it wasn't as bad, the darker color toned it down a lot. When I came back from TJ's I put the top down as a joke. I had to snag a photo. It was actually really fun though, blasting my ipod, and I could smell the flowers as I drove down the road. It reminded me of driving through So Cal neighbhorhoods with all the jasmine, my fave!


After TJ's I walked over to dinner, our hotel is by a TON of cute restaurants and shops. I found the best little neighbhorhood bar/grill. I had salad with lime cilantro dressing and my first chicken and waffles dish. It was SOOO good- grilled chicken folded into a spicy vegetable cream sauce served over a roasted corn waffle and topped with sliced avocado and tortilla strips. I wonder if I can duplicate it at home. And even though I was overly full I walked over to a gelato shop for some coconut frozen goodness. Yum!


It's been a great trip and I wish I could extend it through the weekend and fly my boys down. I could *almost* live here, not sure how hot the summers would feel since every time I've come it has been winter/spring/fall but I love the vibe and can't wait to come back!

5 comments:

naturegrams said...

Ah, what a life you lead. When I scrolled down and saw you in that convertible, I thought I'd ask you for a job at T-mobile. Have fun and come home safely. XO ma

rosebud said...

how cute are you in that car?!! "Noah's Mom has got it goin' on..."

Rachel B said...

I love Trader Joes!!!!! I so wish we had one here!

marie said...

I've missed you. First, love the picture. Second I have never had chicken and waffles but my favorite waffle recipe has cornmeal and buttermilk in them and they are heavenly. Third, does being full have anything to do with having dessert? Remember 'Fools Rush In' when Matthew Perry's Dad says "The white people are melting!!!!" That would be us in AZ in the summer.

Perschon Family said...

you look hot in that car!! glad you had a fun trip! coconut gelato sounds delish! my fav! we should go get some together! and i agree...such a fun vibe there!