In case you have been living under a rock, or have forgotten, or didn't see a preview- because it wasn't highly promoted it is based on Bethany Hamilton- the surfer girl who lost her arm from a shark attack.
I pretty much wept through the entire movie. It is a bit of a tear jerker anyway but Clomid has been an aggregating factor this week. At the beginning I cried because it was Hawaii- my favorite place on earth- and I have so many amazing memories there.
Her first competition was at Turtle Bay- when I was going to school at BYU-H my friend Gin and I hitched rides to TB pretty much every day after class to hang out at their pool. We rode scooters through their golf course at night (oops). And we camped at the next bay over, Kawela Bay and our bonfire gave us a visit from the fire department (oops).
Then the shark attack happened...and that made me cry.
Then her amazing attitude in getting on with her life...you guessed it, made me cry.
It was a great movie and seeing Bethany's amazing attitude and faith help her heal was such an inspiration. I also really loved her family and how close and supportive they are were with one another. It's a great movie and I totally recommend it if you haven't yet seen it.
7 comments:
Now I must see this movie. And thank you for letting me know I will need plenty of tissues. xo
that's it...i'm getting a babysitter (brody's out of town) and i'm going to see it! i need a good cry! and thanks for your comment about the az trip! you're so sweet! it really was the perfect, quick get away. unfortunately we came home to snow, crappy weather, 2 sick boys etc etc. ha! that's life for ya! and i agree...i'm SO OVER THIS WEATHER! it's so depressing!
so you started the clomid? how exciting! sorry it has made you so emotional!!! looks like we need to get together so you can update me on what's going on with you!!!
Ooh, Clomid. That stuff's a real bitch! I hope you dont have to be on it too long. ;)
I think me and the girls are going to see Soul Surfer tonight. I'm excited. Glad to know you recommend it!
Okay we saw Soul Surfer last night...(Shar and I)....it was good. And touching. And inspiring. :)
Okay I have never had to be on clomid but a lot of my friends have and I have heard it can really mess with you. Or like Shar said, be a real beotch! :)
I knew it would be a good movie, and now I have to go see it for sure! Sorry about the clomid. I hope with all my heart it works. Love you Laura!!!
Oh, I have not seen that movie...not sure if I ever will (hubs is dealthy afriad of sharks) but I will tell you what, the Bethany is one brave girl!
Oh, and what is up with the snow...doesn't Ma Nature realize it is Spring (I think she likes to keep us guessing)
Isn't Carrie Underwood in it? I love her and your movie review too. I think everyonce in a while we need a good cry even if Clomid is in the system!
Post a Comment