Tuesday, February 14, 2012

be mine

I adore Valentine's Day.  The decorations, sweets, flowers, chocolates, extra hugs, and kisses...  Having a dedicated focus on the ones we love.  Spoiling my boys rotten.  The over commercialism and exploitation of holidays doesn't bother me, I like to take advantage of the additional options in making the perfect day. Ha!  Last year we turned what would normally be a couples holiday into a family holiday and I think it has become our new tradition, and one of my favorite family days! 


We kicked it off early this year and began the celebration on Valentine's Eve.  Instead of making a fancy dinner like last year we had homemade pizza a la Rob, salad, and garlic bread...which was delish!  I was full but couldn't stop eating...I think I have reached that bottomless stomach phase of the pregnancy! Yum!!  And our candles stayed lit the entire dinner this year, we are making progress.


I stopped by Sweet Tooth Fairy (my favorite treat bakery) for an assortment of cupcakes.  Do you love the VaNIElla cupcake?  The frosting is a mixture of vanilla, coconut, and almond flavorings- divine!! 

Noah woke up extra early and super excited it was Valentine's Day...he was ready for his surprises!  Since we were all awake I made a quick family breakfast before we headed our separate ways to work/school. Hot cereal- chocolate flavored with whipped cream and brown sugar and pink milk.  Noah's place was covered with chocolates/candy in the form of his favorite characters and a couple of wrapped presents- Treasure Buddies and a Star Wars puzzle.


Noah wrapped up a present for me- a colored pencil, in yellow, because he knows I love yellow.  Ha ha, he was so excited of his gift, such a cutie.  I told Rob that we didn't need to give gifts to each other since we have been getting ready for baby.

Tonight we are headed to see The Mysterious Island...I can't wait for our little family date!  I'm already dying for popcorn and a diet coke and in addition I want either a grilled ham and cheese sandwich or a cream cheese banana filled crepe...maybe both!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

12 comments:

Miranda said...

Darling family tradition!!

Courtney B said...

YES! I love all things Valentines as well :)
Love the tradition!
Happy Valentines, pretty mama!

marie said...

I say go for both! I was just thinking this morning that Valentines Day seems to be all about the kids. Maybe if I had no kids it would be all about me but with all the parties and fun meals etc. it's usually all about the kids, which is fine by me. I made french toast this morning, that's about as fancy as I got.

Shauna said...

Laura, so cute!!!! Oh I love Valentines Day too! This morning I made these really good waffles with a cinnamon sugar crunch top-really great.

Your son and husband are so cute, all of you so cute. Enjoy the movie!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!

Perschon Family said...

Look at you!!! Your holidays always are so cute! And way to take pictures!!! Hope you have fun tonight on your family date!!!

Megan said...

You are such a cute freakin mom! You're ideas are so fun!

Unknown said...

Never heard of that movie but sounds so fun. SEE that's what Vday should be all about!

Stefanie Eskander said...

Sounds like such a fun Valentine's Day! Noah is just so big, I can hardly believe it! He must be so excited to meet his baby sister! Won't be long now. Glad you were able to enjoy all the Valentine's Day goodies! See you soon!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Such cuteness!! I love all your decorations. I think that decorations just add so much to life - they make life feel exciting and fresh and festive. Glad you had a good day!

Ashley said...

What a fun Valentines Day!! Love the table arrangements and the delicious looking cupcakes! Family Holiday idea is great :)

Sharstin said...

now that is a great valentines full of amazing eats and fam! perfect!

Val said...

What a precious family!!!! Looks like a wonderful love day was had by all.