Wednesday, February 22, 2012

9 months

Apparently this is what 9 months looks like.  I have four weeks (or less...or perhaps a tad more...who knows??) to go and STILL am in shock that I am actually preggers, seriously.  It's hard to wrap my head around even with all the daily and nightly visible evidence. 

I swear in real life I am huge- I'm starting to wonder if something between my camera phone and mirror is toning me down.  This belly is large and in charge.  Not to mention my hips have definitely widened within the last couple of months, oh yayyy.  Thank goodness none of this is permanent!

The nursery is just about finished and I am sooo loving it...just need to add a few more accessories, create something whimsical for above the crib, and hang everything up.  Can't wait to post pictures!  It's been fun to organize and put away gifts and the things I've purchased.

Little Tid Bits...
  • Starting to dilate, thank you Braxton Hicks for giving me a head start!
  • 50% effaced
  • 24 pound weight gain thus far
  • Genes that let me avoid stretch marks (thanks mom!!)
  • Taking advantage of 'couch time' each night while Rob is in charge of bedtime with Noah
  • A DARLING baby shower with my sweet neighborhood friends (more later!!)
  • Hanging out in the nursery soaking up all the pink
  • Peeing at least twice a night
  • Loving Noah call his sister by name and kiss and hug the baby bump
  • Taking advantage of the 'expectant moms' parking spot at the mall
  • A little hooked on cupcakes right now...and cereal with milk...and just plain milk  
  • Crazy hurty trigger points around my shoulder blades OUCH!!!!  Thank goodness for strong husbands and prenatal massages (reminds me I need to schedule an appt)
  • Jeans = no comfort.  The maxi-dresses are in high rotation the next four weeks

17 comments:

Stefanie Eskander said...

You look so fantastic, Laura! Can't wait to see you next week!

Shauna said...

You are precious and look great. I love all of your "tid bits." I know you'll be posting pictures of the shower and her room, so can't wait for that.

Yes, the maxi dress for sure.

Twenty four pounds huh? That's awesome. I always found that if I gained less weight it was so nice because that's one less thing to have worry about so much after the baby comes.

I gained about 70lbs my first preg. and it took a full year and a month to come off. Never did that again. It was crazy.

So glad to know you are well, healthy and happy knowing you are about to have a baby girl. Nothing more precious-take care,

Shauna

MeganDan said...

Seriously... you look GREAT!!

Perschon Family said...

very cute! love the dress!!!! can't wait to see the nursery!!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

You look amazing - and only 24 pound weight gain!! I think I told you before I gained 40 with both my boys!! I'm excited to see your nursery - I'm getting so excited for you!!

Lyf2.0 said...

50% effaced? Holy crap! That's awesome!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you on the jeans and pretty much pants in general. I'm all for sweats! Even though I look like a bum. Your dress is darling as you are! 50%...I think you've got less than 4 weeks my friend.

marie said...

I pee twice a night and I am not even preganant, I also have the non stretch mark genes, not like anyone would know other than Glenn though.

And I am surprised they have "expectant mom" parking when I am sure half the women in Utah are pregnant at any given time.

Cant wait to hear the news soon!

Brandi said...

Aw, you look sooo cute!!!! Not much longer!!

Megan said...

You are so freakin gorgeous! And I wish I looked like you at 9 months! Can't wait for your shower next weekend so I can spoil that little girl! Love you!

rosebud said...

YAY! So soon your blog name will take on a whole new meaning! Love that you are enjoying the maxi dresses -- thankfully when I was having kiddos big man shirts were in! ;)

Val said...

You are almost ready!!! I can't wait!!!! =)

Ashley said...

Can't believe how close you're getting! The maxi dress looks like the perfect relaxed/comfy daily outfit!

Sharstin said...

cutest belly ever! you are looking so great gal! the homestretch!!yay

Anonymous said...

you are absolutely the cutest little preggo ever!

love the blog!

Kirk Klippel said...

Laura, just checking in to see if you are well! I think you are having a baby soon, really soon. In fact, maybe right now? Hoping all is well and thinking of you!

Shauna

jessica said...

Oh my goodness! You are adorable! Congratulations! It's been 3 weeks since this post, so baby is coming soon. I'm excited for you just thinking about it! Congratulations again!

xo
Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/