I love receiving Christmas cards and letters. It is so fun to see pictures and be updated on the top highlights in the year past of our friends and family.
I don't mind the bragging so much as long as it is tasteful and not out of control--isn't that what a blog kind of is anyways? No one wants a Christmas letter about the crappy things that have happened all year. How depressing would that be.
But honestly the thing that drives me nuts and I totally don't understand...why the hell do people write in the third person?? Do they regularly talk in the third person? (no) Is a third person really doing the writing? (no) Why do so many people do this? I don't get it. Not to mention sometimes the editing is terrible and they slip up and throw in a few I's, we's, or our's, etc.
Help me understand...
8 comments:
SuperGabers thinks that writing in the 3rd person is just fine. Infact, SuperGabers will do it just to bug her sister from this day forward. SuperGaers thinks this is very funny.
SuperGabers forgot the "b" on Supergaber's name from the post above. Supergabers apologizes.
That reminds me...Our sales engineer is a piece of work. whenever he is out of the office his voicemail is in the third person. We always laugh our heads off. Its obvious it is his own voice and that it isn't a secretary.
I don't get it.
Keli thinks that is pretty funny. She hates it most when people brag about their church callings. Keli also hates it when they do stupid novelty things like crossword puzzles, or poems. Maybe Keli needs an attitude adjustment.
K-I am lmao!!! I forgot about when people talk about their callings like they have nothing else going on in their life. ha ha. funny.
Is it appropriate for newly weds with no kids to send out Christmas Cards of themselves at their wedding with digitized Santa hats on? Maybe it is Meg who needs the attitude adjustment.
Meg- Hmmm, I am on the fence. Are they a funny couple that can pull it off? (Probably not if you are complaining about it) Or are they a lame couple and a bit dorky?
Wait, Meg... Supergabers thinks that you didn't get married???...
Post a Comment