Have you ever had hives because you were so mad?
Little story for you...
Two weeks ago I had to go to the doctor for a day 21 blood check to see if I had ovulated. Totally routine, after all I did this for 3 years before I got preggers with Noah.
The next day the nurse calls to let me know I didn't ovulate. That's fine and almost a relief after dealing with a month of Noah's teething, tantrums, and overall fussiness (btw he is much better now). Sooo I requested my 10 day prescription of progesterone to make me re-start my cycle. This is how it was done before, you know, the 3 years before. The nurse, I like to refer to her as Nurse Hitler told me she wouldn't prescribe it because they had to wait until day 35. Are you kidding me?
So lets do some math here. Day 35 + 10 days of progesterone + 3 days before my cycle re-starts= a 48 day long a@! cycle. Are you freaking kidding me??? So more math, that would give me 7 opportunities instead of 12 in a calendar year to get pregnant.
I was L.I.V.I.D. My arms, legs, and feet all broke out into super itchy hives. It was horrible. It lasted all week long. I guess I'm not in a hurry to get pregnant again since I have Nurse Hitler extending my cycle length. The good news is today is day 31 and I got them to call in my progesterone, at least I can be 4 days ahead of schedule.
8 comments:
That totally sucks. I once got hives after taking an antibiotic for a breast infection (the first week I had my baby). It was kind of a crappy month (except for the part where I had my awesome son). I feel for you.
Good luck with this whole process! =)
Yuck! Well thanks. At least Rob can have fun with the trying. lol.
I'm so sorry. I know all about long cycles and frustrations of trying. Good luck!
Sheesh... What a pain. I'm sorry about all that. I was hoping having Noah would fix all that and here we are again. Good luck with all of it.
I love therapy sessions from friends and family. Best part is that they are free. Good luck & keep smiling!
Well, enjoy the practice at least. We seem to have the opposite problem at our house. We share soap, and knocked up I get.
I totally know how you feel! It's a royal pain in the butt to get that stuff! Not to mention, progesterone is pretty nasty! :( Good luck though!
You girls are the best! Thanks for listening to me complain.
Post a Comment