Moi and Melissa on the whale watch
Rob and I met our long time Cali friends John and Melissa in Maui for our vacay. We always talked about going together and finally pulled it off. It was awesome! The only rule was that there were no kids allowed. Here are some pics and some of the highlights...
- We had the most delish food at some of our all time fave restaurants! The Prawns Amaretto at Longhi's had an amazing orange amaretto sauce. I thoroughly enjoyed the full cube of butter in the sauce and practically licked my plate clean. Then there was the hula pie at Kimo's which was to die for. Imagine a half-inch thick Oreo cookie crust filled with macadamia nut ice cream and chocolate sauce. The waffle cone of coconut macadamia nut ice cream from Lappert's was the best ice cream ever! I think we all gained 5 pounds while we were there.
- Melissa and I hadn't seen any whales so on the last day we decided to do a whale watch. We saw TONS and they were CLOSE. It was so amazing to watch the little baby whale jump and play in the water while his parents dove underneath. Then we watched three males try to fight for the attention of a female. They must have thought she was a hottie!
- The last three days were pretty windy which created huge waves on Kaanapali Beach (usually the waves are small here). It was fun to watch the surfers ride the shore break. I thought they were nuts since they were pretty much getting dumped into the sand.
- We walked around the gorgeous tropical grounds of the Four Seasons, Grand Wailea, and Ritz Carlton and imagined what it would be like to stay in an $800 a night room.
- We all jumped off Black Rock with the exception of Melissa who was swept off the cliff by a big wave during her climb up. The rock left her leg bruised and cut up. Reef rash anyone?
- Rob and John were awesome surf buddies and cruised all over the island in search of good waves while Melissa and I slathered on the coconut oil to bring home the perfect souvenir tan.


5 comments:
Ohh I am so jealous of your winter tan! The whole trip esp the hula pie sounded fabulous. There's no place like Hawaii!
So fun! I am so glad you are back, but am sure you aren't! You look tan, I hate you.... Girl's night soon?
Oh man, it looks so beautiful and amazing! I am jealous of your paradise vacation... maybe I'll make it somewhere kinda warm soon too, I hope!
Thanks guys--I laid out and thought of you all when I was doing nothing in the sun!!
M-we need another girls night soon!
K-what is the link to your blog again? My link got wiped out when I changed my background.
I love that aqua shirt in that one pic. Next year I am THERE!
Post a Comment