Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Countdown

Normally I would be going insane right about now. The endless cold. Nasty air from the inversion. Nothing green or flowery outside. But for some reason I don't care as much this year.

I think my freshly highlighted hair has added a welcomed faux sense of spring. And of course that trip we booked for Vegas. I have had palm tree dreams. Even though it is weeks off it has been like an anti-depressant or super powered vitamin B shot to have something sunny and warm on the horizon.

The Robster is going for work and I am going for pleasure. My schedule will consist of lounging in our swanky PH room, relaxing at the pool, and hitting up all the shopping Vegas has to offer. Thank you Vegas, in advance.

7 comments:

rosebud said...

Isn't that fun?! To have something to look forward to during the winter blahs -- everything seems a little more tolerable that way. Although I miss the snow, I really enjoy the south because leaves don't fall off the trees until Decemberish and we've already had 80 degree weather in the last two weeks! Have fun getting a head start on your tan!

amy k said...

I was going to say the same thing. That's the only way to get the the drab of coldness is to have a fun getaway planned.

Have fun in Vegas!!!!!(when the time comes).

Rachel B said...

Oh man that sounds good! How fun! I really need a get away! Maybe if we just did lunch again sometime?!! Then I could just bask in the warmth of your highlights! You really do have beautiful hair. Maybe I should get some highlights! I miss summer! But Vegas sounds great!

Keli said...

Luckies. Tell my sister Hi for me, would you? I miss her. And you.

Kylie said...

So jealous that you will be in warm weather and poolside! Have a fun, safe trip! Happy relaxing! =)

Shar said...

Fun! I bet you guys will have a blast!

Miranda said...

Lucky girl...just what the dr ordered. ENJOY it...and hey...bring back a lil of that sunshine would ya?