Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Doubt

My Memorial Day weekend was non-stop. In a good way. There were dinners, movies, BBQ's, bike races, family in town, swimming, no time for cleaning, and it had the perfect ending...No Doubt.

Originally I envisioned a girls night type evening; but there were a few husbands that wanted to rock out too. (I think they just wanted to see Gwen cause she is so freaking hot...and I can't blame them.) I couldn't talk my hubster into going though...he doesn't do 'chick bands'. Nevermind that the rest of the band are all dudes. His loss. And one less ticket is essentially my gain.

Anywho. They played a great show and we had an awesome time. My ears are still ringing and I am super tired from staying out so late. (That might just be due to the fact that I'm old and unable to stay up late). I totally love Gwen and she is a killer performer. (If she were in my neighborhood I know we would be the best of friends, I just know it.) Here is a little clip of when she brought her little boy Kingston out to sing Happy Birthday to him. Ah, so cute. Come back soon No Doubt!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

How cool. He has no idea how awesome his mom is. I'm jealous. Love No Doubt, and I love that they are on tour playing their old hits... who needs a new CD to tour? I also heart Paramore. Too bad I'm poor.

Rachel B said...

I like Gwen. She is really smart, too. So glad you had a great holiday weekend!

Lyf2.0 said...

So fun! Going to concerts are the best! I am glad you had a fun-o weekend.

Perschon Family said...

Sounds like tons of fun!!!! Glad you had a good weekend!!

Lisa said...

Looks like you had super great seats too! Concerts are fun. We're headed to REO and Styx this weekend. A bit old school but still awesome!

rosebud said...

very fun weekend!! (I agree with the staying out late -- I play volleyball on Thursday nights until midnight and I am SO useless until I've slept in on Sunday!)

amy k said...

That would be a fun concert! I'm glad you had a good holiday weekend!

Shar said...

How fun! I've heard that her concerts are great! Glad you had a good weekend!

Jessie said...

Can I just tell you that when I was younger I WANTED TO BE GWEN!! (still sometimes do) :-)

I have seen her concert a couple of times, but only once when she was "No Doubt", and I LOVED every minute of it. Looks like you guys had a blast!

ps. Im sure my hubby would of taken your hubbys ticket! Ha!

Angie M said...

I"m so jealous, but so glad you had a great time! I know that Gwen would be my best friend too....Whenever I visit my sis, who lives in the OC, I always plan on running in to her and her kids at the mall.....hasn't happened yet....YET!;)