Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Valentines

Gone are the days of having a hot date on Valentine's Day...it's way more fun to save it for the weekend and celebrate V-Day as a family.

This year we decided to stay in and make a fancy dinner. Rob makes the best garlic lemon chardonnay chicken so I put him in charge of that and I made heart shaped pasta with alfredo sauce, steamed veggies, garlic bread, and for dessert we had chocolate covered strawberries (one of the things Rob got for me) and chocolate chip cookie pie with fresh whipped cream. Everything was so mouth watering good!

I wrapped little gifts for the boys in pink paper, covered the table in pink and red hearts, and lit a few little candles (that barely stayed lit during our meal- why is it so fun to blow out candles?). Noah got Free Willey 1-4 (which he is obsessed with after seeing whales in Hawaii), sidewalk chalk, and more candy. So fun to add little presents to the festivities this year, Noah loved it!Hope everyone had a great day with their loved ones! I love V-Day and focusing on those whom I love the most!

7 comments:

naturegrams said...

Your table looked beautiful and your menu sounded delicious. What a great way to celebrate V's day.

Unknown said...

This is what I think Valentines Day should be, not so much hype about flowers and chocolates and dinner. We had dinner at home and then icecream! mmmm, it was tasty and not crowded!

rosebud said...

fun! fun! I don't know how you stay such a hot babe eating all that good stuff! :)

marie said...

Your table looks so cute. I have had that pie and it is divine. It's so fun to have traditions that the little (and big)kids look forward to. Candles never last too long at my house either. Haha, kids really are all the same huh?

Rachel B said...

Love it!!! That Noah is sure a cutie!

Lyf2.0 said...

Awww! That is SUCH a GREAT idea!

Perschon Family said...

how cute is that? so fun! and what fun additions to make your house more summery!!!! so cute!!! i'm with you on wanting summer NOW!