Saying goodbye to the summer is completely depressing to me. I'm never ready to be done with hot sunny days, the pool- soaking up the sun reading books and magazines, thunderstorms, shorts and sandals. Summer is so relaxed and casual. The last couple of weeks I've been trying to soak it up knowing it is coming to an end. I really do like fall...but I am just never ready to say goodbye to summer.
Me...enjoying the pool. ha ha.
In an effort to be more exited I've been trying to think of things that will help ease the transition.
What makes you excited for fall?
...crisp mornings and evenings
...going for walks with the leaves crunching under my feet
...watching the leaves change colors
...raking up fall leaves
...getting out the fall wardrobe
...skinny jeans/jeggings, riding boots, tunics, sweaters, and stylish hats
...decorating the house with fall decor
...my cute pumpkin glass jars
...putting up a fall wreath on the front door
...discovering the decor i've totally forgotten about and adding a few new pieces
...having more time inside to organize and clean nooks and crannies
...baking and making comfort food
...pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
...hot apple cider
...caramel apple cider with whipped cream
...pumpkin pie
...homemade soups
...oktoberfest at snowbird
...wandering around gardner village
...frightmares at lagoon
...getting ready for halloween
...soccer for noah
...still enjoying kindergarten excitement



9 comments:
peaches! You are so positive. Those colors in the picture are beautiful but I'm with you , I'm not quite ready for it to be over!
I love pumpkin scented candles and the excitement and anticipation for the holidays. But I'd still rather have summer last a few more months :) (since it just started...right? It feels that way to me at least haha!)
As much as I love the summer, I LOVE Fall. And yes we do have seasons here. They're sometimes hard to distinguish but they do exist.
You are A.DOR.ABLE!!! LOVE the braids!!
I can't wait for Fall!! But then again, it has hit over 100 degrees here for the last 50 something days!!
I completely agree! I'm already having fall withdrawals! Lets run away this winter to somewhere warm! Look to you to always find the positive in the situation though! I love you and your attitude!!
Yum... When you talk about that food it almost makes it ok... ALMOST,8
You are right Laura, fall is not so bad at all!!!!!
I heart the Fall!! You look adorable. =)
i am with you too! so not ready for summer to all ready be on the outs! i do adore, and anything with pumpkin is top notch~
Post a Comment