Monday, December 12, 2011

Birthday Weekend

My cute Rob had his birthday on Saturday...it was so fun to celebrate with him all weekend long!  He is such a great husband and sweet daddy...so glad that he is mine!! 

I love that Rob is athletic, competitive, and hard working.  He is awesome at cleaning the house, insists that I take a girls night when I bring one up, is awesome at doing homework, wrestling, and snuggling with Noah, can cook an awesome lemon chardonnay chicken, and the list could go on and on forever and ever...  I have so much love and respect for my babe and am so glad that through the years we have remained on the same page and are more connected than ever!
At Malibu Seafood During Thanksgiving Week
Friday night we had his work Christmas party, there is such a stigma with work parties but we actually had a great dinner and a hypnotist came to entertain us.  We made Rob get up but he was only hypnotized for a couple of minutes.  I was really looking forward to seeing him do some wild and crazy stuff!

On Rob's birthday we slept in until almost nine and had a leisure morning then brunch at Corner Bakery- yum!  Going to breakfast is always so much fun and CB happens to be at the mall so we did a little shopping.  We went home for the rest of the day then went back to have dinner at either Cheesecake Factory or CPK- which ever had the shortest wait.  That turned out to be CPK, not a surprise, but perfect because I was craving the BBQ chicken salad.  Dinner tasted so amazing I might have to get take out from there again tonight (never mind that I ate there last week for a girls dinner too)...then we headed to the movies to see Arthur Christmas.  Such a perfect day to spend celebrating as a family!   

Sunday night we had my brother Chris and his family over for cake and dessert as well as my younger brother Francesco...we missed Ches' wife Evelyn, my parents/sister, and Rob's cousin Amy (who was sick) and Jon.  Still we had a great time.

Cute Candygram from C+C+Fam
Lots of Sparkler Candles!!
There was definitley a chocolate/peppermint theme going on.  Chocolate chocolate chip bundt cake, peppermint rice krispie treats, my bro Francesco brought a hunk of vegan peppermint cake (so he wouldn't go hungry with our dairy infested desserts), and Candice my sister in law made yummy brownies topped with crushed peppermint. 

I think my favorite was the drink.  Party drinks are the best!  My friend Melissa suggested cran-rasp juice with Sprite Zero- so I did that and added pebble ice and the secret ingredient, almond extract.  Delish! 

And once again I failed to document the party with photos of my family- crap!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for December babies who sometimes get lost in the shuffle and huffle! Ches cracks me up that he brough his own vegan cake...are they going to cave soon being so close to family who loves to eat meat and dairy!

marie said...

I hear you with the documentation. I left my camera in the car during the Creche festival and had to go retrieve it which I almost didn't do.

Last night my sister made brownies and served them with peppermint ice cream so we're on the same page there.

Happy Birthday to your awesome husband, Glenn's bday is Dec. 26th, he always gets jipped.

Can you email me your address so I can put you on my Christmas card list - emryglenn@yahoo.com

That drink looks great but I cannot stand the taste of diet drinks, is it detectable?

Just got home from a major shopping trip, Target & the mall, seriously I need to rest now, ha ha. I do.

Happy Holidays

Ashley said...

What a fun cake! Love the sparkler candles! Hope yall had fun celebrating!

Miranda said...

loved Arthur's Christmas, too!! We had a family movie night out and it was a good time (no photos).

i love me some "nothin' bundt"...YUM!!