Wednesday, January 25, 2012

8 Months

Today marks 8 months!!

I just got back from my doctor's appointment and gained a whopping 6 pounds this last month (and I should have taken off my boots at the scale, dang it!).  I'm at 21 and counting.  Never mind the pipe dream of only gaining 25 total- ha ha!

I think I'd freak out more had I expected it, or noticed it, as in if my pants wouldn't fit over my thighs or butt.  They've been as snug as they have been since Thanksgiving, okay, a little tighter, I will be honest.  Ha ha.

I'm sure a major contribution to this jump is from the delicious orange rolls I have been making- oh my gosh they are so good!  One of the best things with pregnancy is when something tastes good, it REALLY REALLY tastes good and full on hits the spot!

One thing I won't miss is being so moody.  I've never ever had to deal with PMS or any of these irritating hormones.  Poor Rob.  I know my frustrations are pretty much irrational but it doesn't matter and doesn't make me bitchy when I am on a rage.


I need some opinions here...

I'm going back and forth between setting a date and being induced or going into labor naturally.  I love the idea of being fully prepared if it's scheduled- there are far more pros; however I LOVE the element of surprise with waiting and letting it happen when it happens.

I woke up in the middle of the night in labor with Noah and it was like Christmas!  I was so excited!  I rested until morning- the contractions hurt but it wasn't that big of a deal, then in the morning I showered/got ready, and we drove to the hospital which is just up the street.  I was at a 6 when we got there so we cruised along until Noah made his arrival into the world. 

SCHEDULED
Pros:
*Arrangements made for Noah
*Clean house
*Groceries bought
*Freezer meals prepared
*Fresh pedicure and Shellaced manicure
*Hospital bag ready to go
*Nursery/pack and play/car seats ready to go

Cons:
*Missing the element of surprise
*Waiting around at the hospital while I am in labor, snoozefest

NATURAL
Pros:
*The surprise of waiting and wondering when it will happen...I love that!!!
*Dialating at home sweet home so when we get the hospital we can get the show on the road

Cons:
*Possibly hectic and bad timing with Noah
*Possibly no clean house (Pro for me- Rob will clean it himself while I'm at the hospital (not me))
*Possibly no groceries (Pro for me- Rob can get groceries himself with my list (not me))
*Freezer meals may be an extra week old
*Having to remember to add last minute things to the hospital bag

So...what has been your experience and what is your opinion???

12 comments:

Shauna said...

Laura, I have a lot of opinions here. Maybe here isn't the best place to go into all of them,:) but I will say I'm in favor of a natural progression these days. I I was induced with my first three and I think I got lucky because your rate of having a C section goes up about fifty percent when you're induced...for various reasons, after all once you're induced and they break your waters you only have about 24 hours to get the baby out. But, I can see the lure of the schedule too for sure, it's nice to be able to plan. Okay on a lighter note...

You've only gained 21 lbs! I think you could stay pretty close to your goal of 25 lbs, you only have about 8 weeks right? You look great, just beautiful with your hair, the boots-super cute.

Unknown said...

I'm jealous of only 21 lbs gained, I've already up and passed you and I'm behind you!!

My water broke with Maddy and I loved the natural feeling of the baby coming but it was nice to have someone to watch the other kids when I was induced with the others.

I've thought about what I want to do with my last too. I'll probably be induced...they usually induce you a week early. I'm all for 39 instead of 40 weeks!

marie said...

I am surprised you want our opinions on this. I am totally for letting nature take it's course. I feel the baby knows best when she should come, when she's good and ready.

Plus if your house is messy I am sure by the time you get home from the hospital your mom or husband will have it all clean.

See how that works out?!!!!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

You look great, and 21 pounds is nothing at this point! I gained almost 40 pounds with both my boys! And I'm with you on those orange rolls - I am obsessed with them myself and I'm not pregnant! As for being induced, I always told myself that I wouldn't be induced - just let nature take its course. But when my first was over a week overdue and I was dilated to 0 and no progression whatsoever I finally gave in and decided to get induced. It took 34 hours straight of being induced before he was finally born - he just did not want to come. But he was 9 lbs 8oz, so he was definitely ready to come! I don't know how much longer my body would have held onto him, and how big he would have ended up being if I didn't get induced. So for my second, my doctor scheduled me to be induced right on my due date. That took about 10 hours, but then we ended up in a c-section. If I had to do it all over again I think I would try to hold off on the induction. It definitely is much easier on the planning end of things, but I think that the baby and your body know best. I think whenever we try to interfere with nature there is a possibility for more to go wrong. That's just my experience. I would say that from now on I would choose not to be induced, but at this point I may have to go with another c-section. Good luck with your decision - ultimately it's up to you to decide, so don't feel pressured and don't feel guilty with whatever you decide.

Ashley said...

I can't believe you're already 8 months! The cons on your list crack me up- no clean house and no groceries. Completely justifiable though!

Shay said...

First of all CONGRATULATIONS! I am right behind you- 30 weeks on Sunday! You look amazing! Since this is my first I don't have experience with induction vs. natural but from what I have heard from others I tend to agree with what the other bloggers have said! Good luck!

Miranda said...

Well I'm a planner and hate surprises. So I say schedule it so you know when and what's happening!

what kind of freezer meals do you make??

amy k said...

I say this every time, but you look so cute pregnant! You are definitely one of the girls that I get jealous of because they can pull it off. : ) I'm a fan of natural only because I like the surprise. My first two were a surprise and then I scheduled the third one for convenience. I really wish I would have waited because that was the last time I had the chance for a normal delivery. I'm sure whatever you choose will work great for you guys! Go with your gut.

Val said...

I don't remember ever looking that totally cute at 8 months pregnant!! You are a glowing beauty!!!

Sharstin said...

you look so great girly! wow--so close~ i have been induced and also gone on my own--and there are for sure pros and cons--i am a planning sort of gal so i liked having the date all set--:)

henning love said...

you are so cute with your striped top!! i hope i will be a cute pregnant lady like you whenever that happens. i have no experience with planning your hospital bag sorry cant help you there. but sending you lots of wishes for a good delivery and above all a healthy baby!!

Anonymous said...

K- first - you're dang cute and how did I miss the fact that you had a blog??? Second - I'd say to go into labor naturally. Your baby will tell you when she is ready. You'll be ready no matter what the time is if your bags are packed. I was induced with my first for medical reasons and won't go into details but suffice it to say I woudln't put anyone through that.