Friday, January 20, 2012

on the list: making a list

Are you a list-ey kind of person?  I always make lists for errands, groceries, meals.  But otherwise my lists are usually mental to-do lists.

The count down is on so it is high time I start making some actual official lists so the baby doll has some newborn clothes to wear, blankies to swaddle in, and diapers to poop in.

The nursery has been painted, the moldings touched up, changing table brought up from the basement, and the glider is ready to go.  This weekend Rob needs to bring up the crib, that's on his list.  I still need to order the bedding and do some accessorizing.  I have been putting it off because I haven't wanted to make any permanent decisions yet.  But I've found a few adorable things from Etsy that I think would be cute...

How darling are these little owls?  So perfect for the glider or corner of the crib. It would be so easy to make them...but eh, no time for that!


I love these customizable color prints. It is important to me that my babies know who and how special they are!
  

I will spell out her name above the crib.  I'm not sure if I want plain letters, these whimsical ones, or what color ribbon- so many options!

12 comments:

marie said...

You're talking to the queen of lists. I make lists for everything. I thought it was because I am so organized but then I realized it's because I have such a horrible memory.

Love the print and the letters, getting close........

Jessie said...

I'm a total list maker!

And I totally remember how fun it was to prepare to have a little girl! All the little girl things are just too cute to not want to buy and or make!

Megan said...

SOO Cute! Can't wait to see your nursery all come together! And I CAN'T WAIT to go shopping for cute girl stuff! Love ya Laura!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

I love lists - the older I get the more I seem to make!! I guess my brain just can't remember things as well anymore!! I'm so excited for you and your little girl - all your decoration ideas look so adorable!

Shauna said...

One of my goals for the new year is to make more lists. I'm an organized person but not great with lists.

I'm behind. I don't know when you're due and do you have a name? We have the hardest time coming up with names, it's a miracle our kids have names. :)

Love the owls, picture and letter. So cute. Take care,
Shauna

Rachel B said...

Love it all!!! Speaking of lists, do you have one for me yet???

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I have been so into owls lately - my mom keeps buying them for me! :) I think there is something calming about them. I am such a list maker, too - you will get it all done!

Sharstin said...

list maker here for sure!
how fun getting all the little details ready~ can't wait to see it all done!

Fash Boulevard said...

your blog couldn't get any cuter. totally addicted. fabulous post, love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Val said...

Lists make me happy and sane!!!

Miranda said...

I love lists...sometimes if I do something NOT on the list I write it on there and cross if off...crossing things off the list makes me happy. I have a list maker app I could.not.live.without.

I want to come on a home tour when baby girl's room is done!! So cute!!

Perschon Family said...

i have lists for everything too!! and i love all of your cute accessory ideas! you have such great style i'm sure it will all come together so cute~! i can't believe how close you are!!! and i can't believe that about your mom breaking her other ankle! that is so sad! i'm glad you get to go spend time with your parents so close!!!