Thursday, July 10, 2008

Don't dis it til you try it.

The other day my Blackberry alerted me that I had a new email. It was an invite for an exclusive 'off-site team event/discussion' and to bring my meeting materials. Hmm.

Could be interesting. I accepted. Turns out it was for a friendly game of golf.

My co-workers used to go all the time but I was never down with going. If I was going to screw off I would rather do something more exciting than golf- like sit at my desk and pick at my split ends.

I ate my words.

A fabulous time was had by all, even me. Maybe the carts, beverages, and awesome company had something to do with it. Yup. Cause I am the first to admit my game, vocab, and golf-look could all use some work. Pink golf shoes anyone? Cute little skirt- or is that tennis? Who cares, would still be cute.

I love my co-workers...we always have the best time together. Maybe we can make this a weekly occurrence?

Side note: Keli you would have been so proud cause I know you dig golf. Maybe I will sign up for the Stake golf tourney- oh wait, that's right, I almost forgot, they only let the men play. Plus I think they already had it, maybe next year? Watch out you discriminating men!

5 comments:

Rachel B said...

Cool Laura. I have always wanted to try golf. I can play a mean game of the minature sort!

Shar said...

I love golf. It is such a fun and frustrating game. It only takes one good shot out of like, 20... and you want to keep on playing.

amy k said...

It looks like so much fun. I agree that's the way to probably play it....only because I don't know the first thing about it either.

Keli said...

Can I just say how awesome it is that you loved it? Yay! I need a cute golfing partner so I look less gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's confusing to people when I show up with Sean.

Lyf2.0 said...

The only thing I really care about in golf is Tigeeeeerrr! He is so hot!