Sunday, July 6, 2008

Not what we thought, but just as good.

We were supposed to enjoy the 4th of July in Sun Valley, Idaho this year. It has kind of become our summer tradition. Delish food, the Rodeo (yes I said rodeo), hikes, bikes, antiques fair, and all Ketchum has to offer.

But this year we had a change of plans.

My poor mom was bucked off her horse and broke four yes four ribs and this isn't counting the bone spurs. Long story short my parents came down here instead- and I think my mom is looking much better, though the full recovery will be a while longer. (Hopefully she can take it easy and not have a knitting accident or something.)

The change of plans turned out to be a-okay.

We had a great weekend and were able to still do some of our fave things. Swimming, bbq, fireworks (Noah loved them and now asks about 'boom boom' all the time), a day in Park City, hike to the reservoir, shopping, and yet more great food.

I had a wonderful weekend and especially loved spending time with my two fave boys.



10 comments:

Shar said...

Funny. I was just reading your blog when I got your comment!

Glad you had a nice 4th!

Your poor mom! Ouch! I hope she gets better soon. That just sucks!

Lisa said...

That's too bad! I hope your mom feels better fast! Way to roll with the change of plans. I hate change of plans...I'm not a very good "roller" if you will. Glad you had fun! We missed cute Noah in the bike parade though!

Rachel B said...

It seems like as long as there is yummy food...everything turns out okay! Hope your mom feels better soon. That is terrible. But I'm glad it wasn't worse. Horse accidents can be horrible.

I love the name "Sun Valley". Sounds like my kind of place:)

amy k said...

Ouch! (for your mom).

That's good that you still had a fun time. And I really like the picture of your two boys!

Keli said...

I'm glad your madre is doing better. Poor thing. She better be careful with those knitting needles, I know how good she is, and she just may get a little out of control!

Fun with the boys! Look how big Noah is!

Heidi said...

That's a super cute picture! I hope your mom fully recovers. Way to be tough, mom. Rodeos and horses are always fun, but there are definitely dangers involved. I'm glad it ended up being a fun 4th.

As far as the ten-inch scar - I had cancer when I was a wee little one and it is from taking the tumor out. :) See, I'm tough, too!

Perschon ~ Palmer said...

I am so sorry about your mom. I never hear any family news. I hope she is doing better. Tell her hello from me the next time you chat. She has always been one of my favorite aunts!!

Meg & Josh said...

Laura, so sorry to hear about your mom! I hope she is ok!

Lyf2.0 said...

Knitting accident. HA!

I can't believe how big Noah is! It will be fun to see him later this month... and you too, of course.

Unknown said...

Aunt Sue is so accident prone. I don't want to go with her biking, hiking or riding a horse. Hope she feels better. When is Gabe coming? We'll be down around the 24th of July it would be fun to get together for lunch.