Monday, September 8, 2008

Dear Community Solutions and Sales and the HOA Committee,

I agreed to volunteer my time, free of charge to take care of the pool this summer with the condition that the pool would remain open until the weather wouldn't permit. I am completely irate that the pool is closing today. Have you stepped outside today? The forecast shows 80's all week long. I do believe it is more than warm enough to take a freaking dip in the pool. I am also disappointed I wasn't consulted in the closing date. I believe I have actually saved the HOA approximately $1500. This amount is more than adequate to cover the extra costs of heating the pool for a few extra weeks. Please note I will not volunteer my time next year since you totally screwed me over this year. I also think it would also be more than fair my homeowners fees be credited for the remainder of the year. You guys suck.

Thanks for nothing,

Laura

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I totally agree. I swam in your pool last Wednesday and it was colder outside than it it today. The water was so warm...it was warmer in the pool than outside! There is no reason it should be closed today. That's too bad.

Rachel B said...

Hey, how come Lisa got to go swimming in your pool!!!??!!

But seriously, I think you have every right to be upset. And it is way too nice to close the pool yet. Especially since you have done all of the work...It should totally be your call!

amy k said...

That sucks!

It's finally warmer here too....we are in the 70's!

Laura said...

Lisa- are you the one that expressed your artistic side on the bottom of the pool? lol. (someone drew some pics with something)

There is an open invite to any who would like to come swim.

FYI Sundays are especially great for relaxation- all those darn mormons aren't over-populating the pool, and it is quiet. And just so I dont get a phone call from the RS pres, or bishopric please note to bring a book, mag, or earphones. Cooling off and floating is allowed but there is NO wild horseplaying allowed on Sundays. :)

Jill Johnson said...

I hate HOA's but yours wins for the most crappy.

naturegrams said...

Wow! That blog should get you some attention. Does your HOA have a copy???? Make sure they see this message. ma

jillybean22 said...

Um yea...that sucks big time. Is there something magical that happens on some certain day in the fall that determines it is time for all the pools to close? I would have to say that the weather falling below 60 would be a good way to call it. And not a second before. It is one those yucky signs saying that summer is officially over.