Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday, already?

It has been a good week and probably because it started out on a good note with homemade Cafe Rio-esque pork burritos. I would like to publicly thank my friend Kathryn for the recipe and the dinner invite! I even made them myself and now I can 'extra meat' my own plate at home at no charge. So delish!

There has also been lots of Rock Band. I have become a junky- or at least I want to. We have it in our work lounge and I have been sending 'invites' to my co-workers for 15 minute rock-out sessions. It is a great way to kill stress.

And lastly we have had that early faux spring weather. The February thaw. It has been fabulous and the SAD has faded. We had our kitchen door open a couple of nights this week and the smell of the fresh air in the house was amazing.

It's going to be a good weekened...what are you doing this weekend?

6 comments:

Rachel B said...

Laura, is that the recipe that you use Coke with? That sounds so good right now!

That is so funny about Rock Band! You and Jill should start a girl band on line!

And I am hoping I can wear my flip flops soon...I am a little depressed about the snow, but I am optimistic that it will melt before the end of the day!

jillybean22 said...

We should definitely do Rock Band again soon. I found out the Liz Darling in our ward is a big fan too. But, watch out, because she is killer on guitar! She has Guitar Hero World Tour at her house and said she will play at any given time. Maybe we should invade her place...I think we should do a girls band for sure, maybe even have a fun dress up night like you suggested!

Ditto on the awesome pork burritos!

Kylie said...

Awesome. Sounds like a good week. We've been opening the windows too and it's been heaven. At least next week should be in the 50's again!

I haven't played Rock Band in forever. I need to! So much fun.

We haven't made the Cafe Rio burritos but we've made Chipotle ones and those are really tasty too. Love burritos. =)

Perschon Family said...

hey, i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels SAD during the winter and who also resorts to eating my way too spring! i hope you have a great weekend! we're going to get some projects done we've been putting off! gotta love projects! (hope you enjoyed your cake and more importantly FROSTING tonight! yum!) oh and I LOVE making the cafe rio had home! too much good stuff to eat! (hence the tight pants!)

Miranda said...

Do share the recipe...PLEASE.

My plans...oh yeah...I did have some...with Hubby out of town we were going to play and do fun stuff...but NO...M and I got cold...poor baby she's had a fever and no energy...not fun.

Loving the weather, too...summer seems like it was soooo long ago.

Shar said...

We LOVE Rock Band too! Hope the warm weather comes sooner than later!