I love Christmas time- everything about it is so amazing. The music, the decor, the fun cards, the Christmas movies and tv specials, the sugary treats and special fancy schmancy holiday food, the lights, the pretty wrapping paper and bows, the feel of magic in the air, and of course the reverence in in celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas Eve when Noah and I were peeking out his window looking for Santa's sleigh nearly gave me butterflies just like it did when I was a kid. We were so excited for Christmas morning!!!
Seeing as that Noah is an only child he had no shortage of gifts. He's loving his new loot! He kept asking for Hershey's Kisses in his stocking thanks to all the Hershey's Kisses commercials. I keep finding him sneaking and eating them. They are almost gone.

Noah loves his new Leapster Explorer from Granny and Grandpa. He also got a game from Aunt Gabey to add to his collection. We've already gone through a set and a half of batteries- its time for the recharger. I foresee this as being the best invention for road trips and airplane rides!
Noah also became a Doctor on Christmas! When the trauma of his flu shot last month wore off he began recreating the process of giving shots on us. Grams got him a cute little doctor's kit and this smock that she personalized with his name and some buttons. (We used to have the same one years ago when we were kids!) It's darling to see Noah treating his stuffed animals- and I love being a patient especially when I'm in the middle of a tv coma. He he he. 
A few years ago I wanted a piece of jewelry that came in a certain aqua colored box. Ever since then Rob has continued the tradition to get me something to add to my collection. I love, love, love my bracelet this year. It is so delicate and pretty. And I love the starfish, it reminds me of summer and the beach. Rob did great!! I have the best husband in the world!

After we opened our presents (which always takes forever because we like to savor each gift) we went to The Lodge (my parent's house) for brunch. It was carbtastic!! Seriously it was a feast we had everything...french toast, sour dough waffles made with another swivel waffle maker which makes them sooo light and fluffy, potatoes, butterscotch pull aparts, eggs benedict, juice, homemade hot chocolate...it was awesome!!

After we opened our presents (which always takes forever because we like to savor each gift) we went to The Lodge (my parent's house) for brunch. It was carbtastic!! Seriously it was a feast we had everything...french toast, sour dough waffles made with another swivel waffle maker which makes them sooo light and fluffy, potatoes, butterscotch pull aparts, eggs benedict, juice, homemade hot chocolate...it was awesome!!
Then lastly one of our favorite family traditions is to hit up Jordan Commons for a movie. So Christmas night we went to Gulliver's Travels. We were pleasantly surprised- it was a great family movie and we all loved it!
Christmas 2010 was awesome!! 2010 has been a great year and we have so many things to be thankful for. I am excited to see what 2011 has in store for us...Happy New Year!!
5 comments:
Happy New Year! I love the bracelet! The beach is one of my favorite places too (I buy Coconut Lime Verbena lotion from Bath and Body Works because it reminds me of the beach.) Plus I can't believe how big Noah is getting.
P.S. Also love the turquoise and silver (or gray) theme.
Yay for lots of updates. Your tree and pics and traditions are awesome. We call my parents place the ranch! I still need to see the lodge. Merry Christmas and happy new year!
Just played "catch up" on your blog! It's about time you throw some updates our way! I have been wondering where you have been. Looks like you have been having a good year and an even better Christmas!
Loved your Christmas card and family photos! So darling!
Wow! that necklace is totally you!!! And so good to write down all of the memories of Christmas morning. They Christmases with little guys are the very best! And there are just so few of them. Noah is such a little sweetie, and I am so glad you all had such a great Christmas. I love seeing other peoples ideas and pictures. Last year you all went to Thanksgiving Point, and I remember thinking how much fun that looked like, and we went this year because of your photos. so thanks for the tip and for sharing all the fun! xoxo
LOVE your bracelet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i'm glad Noah loves his leapster! the charger has saved us! totally worth the $!!!! and what a cute little DR. Noah makes!
Post a Comment