-Lipgloss and makeup Shoes, clothes, handbags, and shopping
-Girls' nights out
-Cooking and baking
-Playing house
-Perfume and deliciously fragrant lotions
-Silky smooth legs
-Polished nails
-Chick flicks
-Jewelry, jewelry, and more jewelry
-Soft skin
-Trips to the day spa
-Being feminine
But most of all I love being a mother. I always expected I would have more babies but for some reason my body just doesn’t work that way. For now I have my Noah and he is the most amazing blessing in my life. I am lucky to have so many millions of great one on one experiences with him. I can’t imagine what life would be like without him.
-I love watching him sleep
-I love snuggling with him
-I love hearing him giggle
-I love making him giggle
-I love that he helps me bake and cook
-I love playing with him
-I love teaching him
-I love comforting him when he is scared, sad, hurt, or tired
-I love that he needs me
-I love that he is a momma's boy
-And I love that he loves me back.
When Noah was first born I rocked and sang to him and remember thinking that a long time ago my own mother did that for me, and felt the same way about me as I to him. It was an overwhelming sense of love. I am so grateful for my mom who gave me life and raised me well. She is also a strong, smart, beautiful, and independent woman. I love the traits I inherited from her.
I love celebrating Mother’s Day, I love the recognition and appreciation that is expressed to mothers and women. It didn’t start as the breakfast in bed kind of day I had expected (and after a little freak out on my part) but I had an amazing day with my two most favorite boys and ended it with my mom (and dad and sister) coming over for dessert.-Angel Food Cake
-Chocolate Whipped Cream
-Chantilly Cream
-Berries
-Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Me and my momma
And the funniest part of the day was Noah singing in sacrament with the primary. He forgot the words to the song and had a tantrum right there on stage, in front of everyone. He folded his body over the stage wall with his arms hanging down during the rest of ‘Mother I Love You’. He stood up shortly for the second song and caught Rob’s eye telling him to stay standing up. He thought he was in trouble so he ducked below the stage wall for the second song. His little head popped up a couple of times but quickly went back down. We were laughing so hard we were crying. It was awesome. It was all I could do to refrain from pulling out my camera and recording the episode.
I was surprised Noah forgot the words…two weeks prior when we practiced the song in primary he was sitting on my lap and basically sung it to me- with his arms around my neck looking into my eyes. It was the sweetest thing ever. I guess I got the best of both worlds, the love and the humor.
6 comments:
Oh sweet memories and tender mercies from the Lord here. I'm glad to be a woman and a mother too. And just love Aunt Sue and you too! Thanks for reminding me what I have!
Noah's church episode sounds so dang funny. I would've laughed my guts out :)
There is always one kid doing something funny in Sac Meet, glad it was yours.
And as for silky-smooth legs??? I think your husband's legs are silkier and smoother than yours. ;^)
Happy Mother's Day Sis!
Lovely pic of you and your mother. So glad you wrote Noah's church shenanigans, you will be glad you did. I always think I will remember those funny and precious moments, but I never do. That's why Iam really trying hard to blog, so I can read it all in years to come. I could never make journal writing stick, but blogging is so fun. After I had Emry I cherished her like I would never have another, because truly you never do know. I love seeing the close relationship you and Noah have.
You and your mom look fab. And I gotta tell you, I need to hang around you a be a girl -- there's not much soft skin around here!
Dude I wish I was at your Sacrament meeting! Those kids that pull those sort of shenanigans are my FAV! They keep us all entertained!
Happy belated Mothers Day!
Post a Comment