Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sunny Get Away

Noah and I just got back from a fab little get away in St. George, (thanks to Francesco for a sweet rate!!) I thought it would be a great way to kill a few days with Rob still gone. We had the best time, there was no shortage of blue skies, sunshine, and fun.

We stopped at Zion on the way down; I've always thought it was gorgeous there and has been one of my favorite places. But it has been years since I've been there and it blew me away all over again by how amazing it is. Other than that we were pretty much poolside during the day, had a few picnics, fun dinners out, and watched movies in bed. It was heaven...just me and my Noah cat!! As much as we missed daddy it has been fun to spend loads of time together.

Emerald Pools Trailhead

Do you see what is above Noah's head? We've never had lunch with a deer before!
Monday night after dinner we decided to check out the temple.

Noah is always telling me he is going to marry me when he grows up- how sweet is that? He wanted us to climb the stairs and pretend we just got hitched. Ha ha. I'd think it were a little weird if he weren't four.

The flowers were so pretty!!

Noah pretending to be Moroni since he is missing from the temple.

8 comments:

naturegrams said...

Wow, what a wonderful trip you must have had. I am totally green-eyed with jealousy. The pic. you posted are GREAT. Noah is a riot. You are so beautiful, Laura, no wonder Noah thinks he should marry you ha ha!! Glad you got home safely and your Rob is coming back today. Cheers. XOXO

Kalli said...

Won't like, that pretty much looks like heaven right about now.

Unknown said...

Seriously how is that city so warm when it is so cold not even 4 hours away. Beautiful flowers, beautiful friends and beautiful memories that boy will have with his mom!

Rachel B said...

So cute. Glad you and Noah know how to have a good time, even without Rob!!!!

marie said...

Wow, you are so independent. I guess Noah could protect you from any danger. I love one on one time with the kids,so important. My husband has been gone all week too, surfing with friends in Mexico. We've been having so much fun though we haven't had time to miss him.

Unknown said...

that looked like a blast~ ! i'm sure Noah LOVED all the one on one time!!! glad you had a good get away and glad rob is back now!!

rosebud said...

You are such a freaking fun mom! So many fun memories!!

Jessie said...

So fun for you and Noah!!

Love that he wants to marry you. Just remind him of that someday when he starts to sass back!