Last year I found a pretty good recipe then it was totally perfected after my cousin/friend Amy gave me her version. Tonight I made it again and remembered how delicious it is...
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas.
Ohhhhmyyyygawshhhh.
Life changing enchiladas, I am telling you! I am still dying by my superb cooking skills (ha ha) and I need to put this meal into high rotation.
Full of flavor with a hint of sweet. I have a food baby in my stomach tonight after having these with some Brazilian Limeade. I've been so good about eating clean and it was so delicious to indulge tonight!
Try them out sometime, and sooner than later, I am telling you they are to die for!! You can thank me later.
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts- cooked and shredded (or use rotisserie chicken if you are feeling lazy and want some extra flavor)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 large and juicy limes- don't use pre-squeezed lime juice)
2t-1T chili powder (I use 2t)
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
12 flour or corn tortillas
2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
2 14 oz cans of green enchilada sauce
1/2 cup cream or skim milk works great too, which is what I use
In a medium bowl or small pan whisk the honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic. Stir in cooked shredded chicken, cover with saran wrap, and let marinade for 30-60 minutes.
Spray sides and bottom of 9x13 inch pan.
In a small bowl mix the enchilada sauce and cream/milk. Spread 1/2 cup-ish into the bottom of the pan.
Add a large spoonful (2 tablespoons-ish) of chicken mixture to the tortillas and top with a sprinkle (1 tablespoon-ish) of cheese. Roll and put in pan and continue with the remaining tortillas.
Top with remaining honey/lime marinade, enchilada sauce, and cheese.
Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is golden brown at 350*.
Lick your plate clean!! And you really will, they are divine!
6 comments:
How much honey. Can't wait to try.
Whoops! 1/3 cup of honey, I forgot it in the recipe...I updated the post. Thanks!! :)
Sounds really good, just need limes and I've got dinner covered!
Um... that looks THE BOMB!
Thanks Laura! We had these for dinner tonight. Sooooo yummy! We were in desperate need of some new ideas for dinner.
I made these last night, and you were right, they were amazing. I only had one chx breast defrosted so I added a can of black beans to the mix, it was super tasty. I will be making this again, and again, and again.
thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment