Monday, December 19, 2011

Family Brunch

Growing up we always had a family dinner party the Sunday before Christmas at my Grandmother's house with all of my cousins.  We would count decorated houses on our way to her house and sing Over The River And Through The Woods.  Grandmother makes the best rolls- they would be baking while we ate so it was an endless supply of fresh hot rolls.  She used to give us girls matching dresses then when we got a little older she would take us shopping and we would pick out a pair of boots or clogs for winter.  The smell of leather reminds me of those boots so many years ago.  One year we were playing in my Grandparent's room and the curtains and rod were pulled off the wall.  We were busted and Grandmother yelled 'Good Night!!' as she came in to see what all the crashing commotion was.  We get a good laugh over it now..

My Grandmother goes to brunch every Sunday after church at Normandie Cafe- yum!! It had been a while since I'd seen her so I called to invite myself since she is leaving this week to spend the winter in California.  My uncle and two cousins were meeting up with as well her so it turned into a little impromptu family event with my family and brothers.  It was fun to meet up and reminisce on those memories all those years ago.

Unkie Frankie sat with the kids to keep them in line- he's the best.  Thank goodness because Noah and Jack, both five were sword fighting with the forks and knives.     
Mike and Kinz (my cousin), my bro Chris, Rob, me, my cousin Brody, Francesco my bro, and Ev my sister in law and the kids- Sam, Noah, Jack, and Maddy.  Lexi was locked in the bathroom at the time.
Jack, Kinz, Grandmother, and me...notice how fashionable my Grandmother is- she had a darling red purse with her, she is always so stylish! Kinz is also expecting a baby girl...she is due two weeks after me! 

6 comments:

rosebud said...

she's (and you guys) are just as cute as ever. I just love her though! If we could all live such a long (and relatively healthy) life!!!

Lyf2.0 said...

So fun! I am glad you all could hook up. You girls look so bumpalicious!

marie said...

How fun to have baby girls together.

I've wondered - how does your dashing brother have such a fancy name like Francesco? I love it, it just makes me think your name should be Giovannia or something. Are you guys Italian?

Your Grandmother is darling. If I could only be so fashionable at that age, I love it.

Thank you also for the Christmas card, I love it!

marie said...

Just noticed how many times I said love. Note to self, be more original and get a Thesaurus.

Ashley said...

What a fun tradition. Grandma is looking seriously fashionable!

Unknown said...

I swear I commented on this but guess not! I'm stealing your pics and probably all your stories for the blog...time to update holidays are over!

It was so fun to see you again. Can't wait for spring...are you counting down yet?

How come 1/2 the fam got Italian names or do the other 1/2 have Italian routes too?