Tuesday, February 7, 2012
bffs, 100 years, mama's boy, and french toast
BFF
Last weekend my bestie Melissa from Cali came to visit for a girls trip. We met ages ago at BYU-Hawaii and have been the best of friends ever since. Ironically she is also pregnant (two weeks behind me with #4!!!) and we needed a quick girls' trip before the babies are born. I love that our husbands are fully supportive and encourage us to get out of the house to re-charge. I'm so glad she came up...we had the best time. The weekend was all about relaxing...shopping, eating fabulous food, watching movies, lounging around, and talking non-stop. Both of us have had full plates so the break was definitely well deserved. We stayed downtown Saturday so it would feel like a vaca for me too. It was an amazingly fun weekend! And I didn't take any pictures of us!!! Arghhh!! I'm so bad with pictures, I never want to stop the fun to document anything.
100 Years!
Rob's Granny turned 100 over the weekend!! Doesn't she look fabulous and not even remotely close to 100? She is such a cute little firecracker and still so active- she lives by herself in a second story apartment (no elevator)! Sadly we had to miss her big birthday bash in California. At 34 weeks I'm not about to wander far from home, I'm fairly certain this baby will arrive right on schedule but I'm not about to chance it. I was sad to have missed out, I love getting together with Rob's cousins- it's always a guaranteed fun time.
Mama's Boy
Rob went out of town yesterday for work...he gets back around dinner today so it's just a quick trip, but I love special one on one time with my favorite little man. He has been waiting for Big Miracle to come out (he still has a thing for whales!!!) so we had a special date at the movies last night. The movies has been one of our special things since he was 2 1/2, he used to be able to snuggle on my lap and now he is so tall if he sits on my lap he has to swing to the side because he blocks my view. Sigh. Not that there is much lap room for that matter. It was fun to plan something special and fun while daddy was gone, I cherish all of our little dates together.
Lemon Stuffed French Toast
Friday night I whipped this up and threw it in the oven Saturday morning. OhMyGosh it is divine!! The citrusy lemon flavor is amazing. I totally recommend making it. And how delicious are croissants...if you are like me you love them but rarely eat them simply because they are so fattening. This is a great breakfast treat! I served ours with fresh sliced strawberries with a little Truvia sprinkled on top to make them nice and juicy. I can't wait to make this again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
So fun that you had some girl time with you BF. And that breakfast you made looks delish! We need to get together and catch up! (i know i always say this but really, we should!)
Wow, you've been busy! Glad you got to have some fun girl time - it's always a nice break from routine! Rob's grandma does indeed look amazing - I can't believe she lives by herself on the 2nd story at 100 years old! What a tough lady! That's nice you and Noah got some time together, especially before the baby comes - things will just never quite be the same. I am about ready to take a bite of that french toast right now! Delish!! I'll have to give that one a try myself.
Wow, Granny looks fabulous at 100!! She does not look that old!!! Was the whale movie good, my kids want to see it? And a girls' trip..awesome!!
Laura! I'm so glad you had a girls trip-very necessary to be with your best friend one on one like that every once in awhile. I love the memories I have from past girls' trips.
No, she does not look like she's 100, she looks incredible. Her eyes are amazing.
The breakfast looks great, where's the recipe? :) Very nice, glad you got a treat. Croissants are divine, for sure, the citrus is what sounds good to me. Take good care,
Shauna
I am sad no picture because I have no memory and for the life of me I can't remember what Melissa looks like, lame.
The French Toast look divine! I rarely eat croissants too but such a treat every once in a while.
I couldn't think of a better way to start a Saturday morning off with! YUM!
She looks stunning and the stuffed french toast looks incredible.
Post a Comment