Rob and I decided when we got married if we had a little girl we would name her Elle. We have loved that name for years and are thrilled to finally use it. The meaning behind Elle is that I served my mission in France and in French it means 'she'. We love that it is so feminine, simple, and elegant.
Elle won't have a middle name because it's been a tradition for my mom, me, and now Elle to use our maiden names when we get married as a middle name. Growing up I hated not having a middle name but now I absolutely adore using Perri as my middle name and it means a lot to carry it with me. (Funny thing- I wish I'd of thought of Perri as a middle name option for Noah!!)
Most people 'get it' when we tell them her name will be Elle.
Think culture...French (Spanish is Ella)
Fashion...Elle magazine and Elle Macpherson
Home Design...Elle Decor
Pop Culture...Elle Woods- Legally Blonde
Actors...Elle Fanning
Still don't 'get it' then I can't help you are probably old and need to
get out there more. Ha ha. I swear some of the 'older folks' think we
literally mean we are going to name her 'L'. Whaaa???

8 comments:
I adore Elle. It's going to be a perfect name for your little princess.
Now you are making me feel guilty for giving my girls middle names. My mom and I didn't get one and yes I also felt left out and also love using Price as my middle name...guess it's too late to take 2 out of 3 middle names away, right:)
At one time we were thinking of the name Ellie...silly Aunt of ours said, it's too close to Laura's Elle, you'll have to choose something else. We'll I think we did...except I called baby Ellie the other day!!
I love the blocks. Did you make them? So adorable!
I love that her name has meaning for both of you.
*How did I not know that you served a mission? France would be so great to spend 18 months in...
so cute! That name has always been so pretty to me! I have to tell you, when I saw you updated your blog, I was bracing for baby pictures! So looking forward to seeing the girl!
I love the name Elle Laura. And this post was killing me at the end, I can totally see this coming from older people. Hilarious. You look great and beautiful. I love the list of what you've taken care of. So funny and I'm very similar to do these things before I have a baby. My list includes kind of weird things though, like, cleaning out random drawers or cleaning the blinds.
I can see a bit of her nursery, so cute!!! I adore pink, it's my favorite color, so many great tones it can come in.
Good Luck!!!!!! Thinking of you and hoping you go before week 40!!!
Shauna
Sorry I meant I love the name Elle, Laura. Not Elle Laura. Hahaha. And I love that you don't have a middle name and you carry on your maiden name.
sometimes i wish i had my maiden name as my middle name too. it's definitely cool to do it!
I totally get Elle...love all the "Elle"s out there.
can't wait to the blog of the room debut!!
I too don't have a middle name and was going to go that route for my kids but at the last minute wasn't sure they'd love Wallwork (few people get it right) and I wanted them to have a family name so all the kids have Glenn as their middle name.
Also, mushy alert, I thought maybe by name osmosis they'd turn out like him. I adore Glenn and would be thrilled if all the kids turned out exactly like him.
Also, I kept my maiden name too. I would never discard it, and even with a middle name I wouldn't have.
Post a Comment