Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hello St. George

Rob and I decided to take a last minute family trip for some fun in the sun. This has been the most annoying spring. One day it is warm and the next several are freezing. Maybe that is why they call it spring. Anyways we needed a change. The main points on our agenda were playing in the pool, running, and eating some good food.

After our quick drive to the palm tree oasis we pulled up to our hotel. It was our second choice since it was saving us a few bucks. The outdoor pool was visible from the parking lot and though it was nice it reminded us of a kiddie pool, like the ones you might have in your garage stored from last summer. Yeah, it was small. Minuscule if you will. While Rob was using the nice yet forgettable facilities I cancelled our reservations and we drove to our first choice hotel.


Hello weekend in Paradise!

After day one of swimming Noah tried to climb in this fountain a few times while we were enjoying some freshly mixed Coldstone.


On our way to breakfast on day two Noah insisted that we hit the pool first and was reluctant to put down the float.

Noah ready to make a big splash.


Thank you St. George for not putting the kibosh on a much needed relaxing family weekend. We were not let down.

An honorable mention goes out to In-n-Out. Thank you for opening three days prior to our arrival. We tried to eat there on Saturday night but it was busy, as in much busier than the In-n-Out in Vegas off the freeway. So we went back for lunch on our way home while everyone else was in church. It was perfect.

Too bad tomorrow is Monday.

11 comments:

Keli said...

Oh, so fun! Good for you guys for heading south. I miss St. George. Noah looks so dang cute in his flip flops and hat. He's so big!

naturegrams said...

My darlings --- Glad you had such a wonderful trip. Your pictures are great. Noah is a riot. Thanks so much for letting me "house/cat sit." Love you all. ma

Laura said...

Keli-I was totally thinking if you still lived here you guys would have for sure been down there with us.

Mom-Thanks for vacuuming!

Kalli Ko said...

what? They have in n out in St. George?
I have to leave, now.

amy k said...

How fun! I'm totally jealous . It'll be months before the swimsuits come out.

P.S. Noah just looks so adorable in his floaties.

Unknown said...

Chad told me In & Out was coming soon (did you know he know lives down there). Was it yummy? Mike loves that place (he served his mission in CA), guess Rob does too from living there!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Kalli- Leave now, you will be there in time for dinner.

Amy- You'll have to plan a visit down south. Shorts are my fave on Noah! :)

Kinz- Yeah it was awesome! I totally forgot Chad is there, where does he live?

Meg & Josh said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Noah is so dang cute!!

Matthew said...

Soooo jealous! I laughed that you switched hotels. That a girl. Noyce one!

We should have Perri family reunions down there like we did when N&G Perschon lived down there. Either that, or Jackson Hole...

I'm serious. Lets plan a Perri Family reunion for next year...

ps... this is Gabers...

Heidi said...

Sounds like fun! I'd love to go down for Memorial Day weekend, but it is definitely debatable... do we want to be in the wonderful weather while it is crazy busy that weekend? Hmmm....

I'm glad you decided on your first choice. Looks fantastic!