So our girls' night was a little odd. Okay really odd. I still had a lot of fun and was glad I went...but it was kinda nice to get home, actually really nice.
One friend had a crazy allergic reaction to a bug bite and she puffed up. Like crazy. It was just like Hitch- but it was on her hand and the back of her neck instead of on her face. We didn't know what it was at first and thought it was a mussle issue. So we iced it. Bad idea. It made it worse and spread.
Then another friend left our Park City condo at midnight to go home because we will just say her husband isn't supportive of girls' nights. Or any other activity away from him for that matter. It isn't really my story to blog about. I love this friend- she is so awesome and I hope that she will follow through and make some changes. She doesn't deserve the drama. How long and far do you go before you say- that's it!?!
Then another friend busted out the Ensign and read us an article before bed. Yeah totally serious. Don't get me wrong; I consider myself very spiritual but, what? Did that really happen? Oh yes it did. I don't usually schedule in devotional time at girls night.
Have you had any girls nights gone wrong?
Anyone want to go play? I think I need to plan a carefree/drama free GIRLS NIGHT!
14 comments:
Funny! I agree that we all NEED a girls night now and then. My friends and I have a sleepover twice a year, and I love it! We have had some that have been better than others. Yours did sound a little...interesting.:-) Hopefully your next one will be better!
That is crazy! I hope you were able to have some fun despite some of the drama. We should do another girls night sometime soon too. :)
Sounds like you need a "do-over"! The shopping had to have been good I hope or atleast the food!? Plan it again it will go better next time!
I'll go play. I'm pretty much drama free these days.
I'm on board. Pretty sure Jen is too. Let's do it!
Are you serious??? An Ensign Article!!!! Time and place girls. Time and place!!!
I ALWAYS start my girls' nights with a prayer...
..and I fast the day of...
...and listen to Conference talks on the way to my destination...
Gabe you are hilarious!
I agree! Thats a little tooooo strange! I can't believe anyone would actually pack an Ensign for a girls night out! Was she trying to get her visiting teaching done at the same time???
That is so funny. But so awkward. Sorry! I'd be party-ing it up with you if I lived there except that I'd sing everyone a Primary song as they tried to go to sleep. Fo shizzle.
I took a group of like, 20 women to a movie one night (free to them, well, and to me) but 5 said thank you. Guess who doesn't get invited anymore? Any of the 15.
I think swearing and talking dirty before bed is a prerequisite. No ensigns allowed. Friend drama is the worst. I am sick of it too. Lets do a girls weekend in st George when it cools down. We will have to put Keli on the web cam!
Awesome comments everyone- I feel so much better!! You girls ROCK!!
Post a Comment