I love to have a clean house and especially love organized closets, cupboards, and drawers. Not that they are always that perfect; but when they are I am so excited about it. There is something amazing about walking into my closet and seeing all my tops folded in neat little stacks and having my handbags lined up and displayed according to size. I don't even mind staying up late on a Thursday night cleaning so we can enjoy the weekend. My feet always feel so good when I walk on fluffy vacuumed carpet and I love the sparkle and sheen on my zesty lemon fresh tile floors. I also enjoy cooking and especially baking. There is something amazing about making a delicious batch of homemade goodness.
Well last night I added a new dimension to my domesticity. I. Made. Homemade. Peach. Jam. Yes, I did, and it was amazing. I actually went to my friend Windy's house and we peeled and chatted away as we bottled sweet goodness. I've ordered more peaches and this weekend will make more jam and maybe will even bottle a few jars. I have never felt so domestic. How about you?
8 comments:
I completely agree about the cleaning stuff! I love everything you mentioned...especially freshly vacuumed carpet and organized drawers and closets! I also love the smell of clothes right out of the dryer and a sparkly clean, fresh bathroom!
I can't say I'm that big of a fan on the whole cooking thing! (Not my strong point...poor Brody!) So way to go on the peach jam! You're more ambitious than me...and yes, wifey is a word that should never have been thought up!
Ooh, you're so good. Wow, clean house, fresh peach jam, organization. What are you, bucking for RS pres?
I love having a clean house, but I hate actually doing the work, even though I hate it when things get disorganized. I usually wait until the mess drives me crazy, and then my house is clean again for a few days. I have always really admired my friends who always manage to keep things in order, and stay on top of the mess. I do love cooking and creating things in the kitchen...if only I could get someone to clean up after me as I go.....
Keli is going to jinx you. : )
Peach jam sounds so yummy. I'm impressed. As for me I felt good just knowing I made cookies twice this week for my kids. I am not a cookie maker. I also like a clean house. I sorta have a place for everything and anything. Luckily my kids have followed and kept everything good too.
Why hello Miss Martha Stewart!!! I'm impressed and jealous. My house is a complete mess with no carpet and boxes in the garage and kitchen. It's gross. I need to start doing jam. Next time you girls get together, give me a call and I'd love to come help!!! :) Miss ya already!
Wow! Look at you! You go Maui Girl!
I've never made jam in my life, but it's so good that I just need to do it!
I see how you are. You clean your house, then go to a friends to make messy jam!!
yum! I just got 2 bushels yesterda to bottle. It's super easy and so much better then canned peaches. And it looks great in the pantry! Good job! I've never made peach~is it delicious!
Post a Comment