Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Brazilian Lush

Last weekend I mentioned Francesco, Evelyn, Noah, and I saw a late movie. It was Rio. As in Rio de Janeiro. So now I think Brazil looks like a great beachy destination and I am craving Cafe Rio more than usual. Is that weird that an animated movie can make me want to travel to a certain location?! It usually happens with real life movies but sometimes happens with animated stuff too.

Then after Easter brunch at the lodge I was flipping through my mom's Our Best Bites cookbook and paused at the Brazilian Limeade recipe. I'd seen it on their website and have it every time I go to Tocano's but I didn't give it much thought until Rio made me weirdly obsessed. So I copied down the portions and have made it three times since Sunday afternoon. Hello, it is only Tuesday!! It's super refreshing and makes the kitchen smell so good with all the limes! Plus anything with sweetened condensed milk is to die for!! I even adapted it a little to make it 'healthier'.

My adaptation of Brazilian Limeade from Our Best Bites (half recipe)

3 c Cold water
11 Truvia packets
2 Juicy limes
3 T Fat free sweetened condensed milk

Mix the cold water and Truvia. Pour a little of the water into a blender and put the rest of it in the freezer to chill. Chop the ends off the limes and cut the limes into little pieces and throw them in the blender. Pulse it several times and strain it back into the Truvia water. Stir the limeade then mix in the sweetened condensed milk and serve over lots of ice. Delish!!

Me lushing out with a glass of Brazilian Limeade!

6 comments:

Shar said...

Um, that looks SO FREAKING GOOD!

And maybe if I made one, summer would get the hint and get here sooner!

marie said...

I've made that limeade!! It is really good. My oldest Emry even put it in her school cookbook.

Unknown said...

Tocano's limonada is delish...I too have seen the recipe and might have to make some if you say it's that great. Where do you get truvia packets?

Unknown said...

PS you look like you are ready for the tropics, hair and shirt are ready for it! so cute!

Heidi said...

Mmmm... your hair is beautiful. Oh, and that drink looks delish! :) I need to try both recipes - I have that cookbook and always fail to get the ingredients!

Perschon Family said...

YUM!!! and i agree with the above comments..you look awesome in this pic and i love the orchid on your table!!!