Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Date Night

Rob and I are pretty good about having regular date nights. We don't go every week but more often that not just the two of us go do something together; which usually consists of the movies. Boring? No way- we love Jordan Commons!

A few weeks ago we actually skippe
d the movies and went to dinner. It was almost out of character for us but it was good to have time to chat without being interrupted by a four year old needing his turn. He is super yappie lately.

We talked
about how we have always wanted to go to South Africa together. This is where Rob served his mission- and he has been dying to take me. We pulled up Google maps on his phone and zoomed in on a few spots we would go.

Victoria Falls Lodge- Rob stayed at this
resort when his parents came to pick him up. During the winter the wild animals hang out at the watering hole. How rad is that?!


Kruger Wildlife Park.

Then we were talking about all the places we would love to go on vacation- the pipe dream vacations. I swear we need to just put aside $1500/year and every five years do an exotic crazy awesome trip. To places like...

The Seychelles- It's Africa meets Hawaii.


Provence- Where I served my mission.



Hotel Eden Cap overlooking the Cote d'Azur- my mission again. So amazing...this is where they filmed The Killers.


Bora Bora. The water huts are super cool and the mountains in the background are breathtaking and I am dying to visit!


Bali- Jimbaran Bay.


Malysia
Maldives

Almost all these places are coastal- I need my sun and aqua water! And these are just a few places...so many more awesome sites to see and cultures to experience. Anywhere in the world- where would you love to go???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool the spots you both served your missions! Memories are the best aren't they. I'd take a trip to sunny Las vegas right about now or even St George--enough of this winter/spring!

marie said...

Love your new design. I had no idea you went on a mission, how inspiring. I have to note that you and your family seemed destined to live by the ocean some day, I just have a feeling.

Perschon Family said...

wowwwy!~ THOSE PICS MAKE ME WANT TO TAKE A TRIP today!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! I HAVEN'T TRAVELED MUCH COMPARED TO SOME PEOPLE, BUT I HAVE BEEN TO ROME, PARIS, MEXICO (WHEN I WAS 1 SO I DON'T REALLY COUNT IT). I THINK IT'S TIME TO TRAVEL MORE!