Tuesday, June 21, 2011

cheers!!

A year or two ago Rob found the perfect birthday card for me. It said something like...

The only thing better than a birthday
Is a summer birthday

Touche. That is exactly how I feel. I love taking the day off and enjoying my summer birthday as my own personal holiday to do whatever I feel like doing.

On today's birthday agenda...

breakfast at corner bakery with my little man and sweet hubby
pedicure, time pending
1 1/2 hour massage
red mango for lunch
poolside all afternoon
dinner...at market street (i think)
and
cupcakes from sweet tooth fairy

source (not STF)

I love celebrating my birthday and making it a special and relaxing day filled with things I want to do, I seriously look forward to it every year.

I adore the lovely birthday wishes from sweet friends and family, and am so grateful for such wonderful friendships in my life. I am so blessed to have so many people that matter so much to me, they make life a great place.

The age factor kind of sucks...but at the same time it doesn't bother me...that much. I still feel like I am in my 20's but I have earned the perspective, confidence, and value/appreciation for life that comes in the 30's. For now I don't mind getting older and wiser.

Cheers to another year!

12 comments:

Kalli said...

happy birthday to you!!

Your day sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

happpppy bday!!!!!!!!!!!

and i LOVE your quote!!! i have a summer bday (July 28) and growing up, i HATED it. now...I LOVE IT!!!! I feel like everyone should have a summer bday :-)

Hope your day is wonderful, relaxing, and rewarding!!!

Unknown said...

Ya summer birthdays are so much better then winter ones. If I get a pedi in Dec it's covered by way too many layers! Cheers to you!

Miranda said...

I do the same thing on my birthday...my own holiday...I do exactly what I wanna do. It's the best!

Val said...

Happy Birthday....I hope your birthday is as sweet as you are!!!

MeganDan said...

Yeah girl! Sounds like you know how to live it up on your birthday :) Hope it was as great as it sounded!!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Happy Birthday... glad it was lovely! I would love to have a summer bday, but spring isn't too bad either ;)

Ashley said...

I loveee corner bakery! Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration :)

Sharstin said...

Happy belated girly!! Your birthday sounds like it was a blast, red mango, sweet tooth fairy and market street! Yummy! That's what I'm talkin about:)

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

Your day sounds awesome! I hope you have the BEST birthday and enjoy every moment of it!

Courtney B said...

Aaah!! How did I miss this?!?! I'm so sorry!!
Happy belated Birthday!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day!!

Laynah said...

Yum, you're making me hungry! And that massage sounds amazing right about now.