Monday, June 6, 2011

the weekend haps

Finally. It was an amazing weather weekend. Seriously it could not have been more gorgeous. I unintentionally had the house spotless and groceries stocked up prior to the weekend. Boy was I glad because I forgot how pretty much nothing gets done inside when it is nice outside. I will have to make a mental note to adjust the household responsibilities so the weekends are blocked off exclusively for fun summer activities.

This weekend we...

did lots and lots of swimming
had our Tucano's dinner and walked around Gateway (again)
i got to wear my fedoras all weekend (and got a new one too) LOVE them for summer!
picked up rob's father's day gift, i can hardly wait
played lots of games with noah
had an uplifting day at church
made a 'summer' playlist on my ipod

My mom is out of town and my dad invited us up for dinner Sunday night. He made his famous red sauce and meatballs and sent us home with a quart of sauce. Delish! I have been wanting to make it with him for years and copy down the exact recipe...one of these days.

Noah helped Grandpapa feed the horses and snuggled up to watch some Thomas. Aunt Jenny gave Noah a cute panda bear from her zoo field trip.

My parents sold my childhood home a few years ago. It was a little traumatic but then they built 'the lodge' just half a mile down the road which softens the sting. After dinner Rob and I walked up to my old house, it is such a gorgeous walk. The neighborhood is nestled against the mountains and the trees are always so lush and green. I absolutely love visiting there and thinking about the fond memories i have.

i adore these flowers, anyone know what they are called? they only bloom in early summer


the view next to my old house. sigh. we use to hike to the reservoir from the front door


rob and i love this house. the landscaping is always impeccable. i think they vacuum the scrub oak leaves the way my dad does

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The red sauce takes lots of time to make perfect. I'd love to see your recipe...mine is never as good as Grams.

I still need to see 'the Lodge', the old place was beautiful. I don't know what those flowers are called either, our red house on 7th east had them--they always remimd me of that!

AND yes, finally is right! Weather was awesome!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Love these photos and the yellow background of your blog :)

~ Michael said...

Haha, you remember the flowers there! Great memory. I love how tall they are and simple!

~ Michael said...

ergh==Makinzee not Michael

marie said...

Friday we spent 5!!! hours at the pool and yesterday 4. Today was an inside day. Chores, reading and just hanging out. No Sun!

Sharstin said...

Ahh, sounds like the perfect weekend!! And the weather was fantastic:)

Jessie said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

I remember when my parents sold my childhood house too....I was devastated. Ha! Funny how that happens!