Wednesday, August 24, 2011

avocado lime salsa

Yesterday at work we had a little bbq/potluck lunch. But there was a twist, we all voted on our favorite side dish and dessert. There were so many yummy things and a recipe should have been mandatory. Seriously, chowing down never tasted so good.

Yours truly won for the side dish... and the award was a new carry-on, which I can always use!

I didn't bring anything super fancy, just something I have been craving...and in my opinion you can never go wrong with something including avocados or limes. Have you had or made this? We love it at our house!! CPK has one similar.

Avocado Lime Salsa

Mix together the following:
1 package Italian dressing, prepared as directed
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can sweet corn, drained (would be awesome with fresh corn)
4-5 tomatoes, chopped
2 avocados, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
7 green onions, sliced
2-3 limes, squeeze juice all over salsa

So easy and so good!

Picture from Google images...why bother taking a picture when I can just snag one from there. Ha ha.

8 comments:

Miranda said...

I love this salsa...so refreshing!!

Anne said...

Must try this always looking for good sides!
~Anne

Monica and Whitney said...

I think I have all of these ingredients in my kitchen! YESSS.

Ask the Duplex

henning love said...

this looks so good! i love avocados, love limes and love salsa! i will have to try this soon

marie said...

I have had this & absolutely love it. And I agree with you about using another image rather than your own photo. I would totally do it too if I knew how to do anything on the computer other than blog, comment and google every question my kids ask me. Cause you know, I am an adult and am supposed to have all the answers.

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

That looks amazing!!! OH my gosh. Enough said haha. Need to try it!

Ashley from Sloanbook

Val said...

I'll be right over!! That looks incredible.

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

My mouth just watered...