I can hardly believe it myself but guess what...
I am just over 16 weeks, beyond thrilled, and feel fabulous!! I love love love being pregnant! It's even better if you are lucky enough to not be sick- I feel so lucky. This week I started feeling my little squirt moving around- like all the time- it is so fun to feel all that swimming going on in there.
Noah is so excited to be a big brother and has been interrogating friends that have younger siblings. He asks them if the babies go into their rooms and get into their stuff. Ha ha. He is going to be such a great brother though, when we ask if he wants a little brother or sister he almost always says a sister.
At my 4 month appointment earlier this week my doctor asked if I wanted to take a peek at the baby, of course I did! So after my appointment we did an impromptu ultra sound...and I've got a little GIRL growing in there. We are dying! I have my mamma's boy and Rob will have his little princess wrapped around his finger. I can't stop thinking about ruffles, ribbons, and all things pretty. The other night I picked up some Clinique and ran into Naarjtie to pick up a couple of cute baby outfits to celebrate! Let the shopping begin. Ha ha!
*********************
The condensed back story...
Don't be jealous
but I don't have a period, yup, that's right, and not menopause style. Obviously that makes it kind of hard to attempt to get pregnant. So after years of completely avoiding the reproductive endocrinologist and
trying everything else we knew it was time for a last ditch effort. My regular OBGYN (whom I love) didn't know why I didn't have a cycle but I found out at the RE that I have PCOS- which was quite the shock if you know the symptoms.
In May I had my consult, then in June I started my first cycle. I took Femara (like Clomid) and gave myself injections every other night, it worked wonders and I grew about 50 follicles (because of PCOS) and had three that grew to a mature size. The nurse that worked with me joked that I was allowed to have twins but not
triplets, triplets would get her in trouble. Luckily usually only one in three eggs is good. So BAM the
next thing I knew I actually ovulated and was pregnant by the end of the
month. How's that for some great stats?!
I rarely talk about my fertility issues- they have been such a trial. It is heart-wrenching to have a righteous desire to have children and to be literally broken an unable to get pregnant. But I knew when I started the treatments that everything would be okay, it was an amazing confirmation to have. I don't think I love my children more than anyone else but I know I have a different sense of appreciation and gratitude towards them. I am so grateful for answers to prayers and to have the opportunity to complete my family. I always hoped for just one more and I feel like I'm back in control which is an amazing feeling.

20 comments:
YAY!!! Congrats Sis! And what an announcement to already tell us it is a girl!!!
OMG...how exciting for you!! Congratulations. GIRLS ARE SOOOOOO FUN!! Noah is going to be the best big brother. What a sweet blessing for you Laura!!!
Fantastic news Laura!! What a lucky little girl! When you wait a little longer (a lot longer) for your babes I think it helps you get through the hard newborn stuff. I could be dead wrong but I held on to that like crazy with my first.
Yay, yay, yay! I'm so happy for you and Rob and Noah and esp for you to have a girl! Ruffles and pink and ribbons and bows are so fun! I really have a hard time shopping for Jack...it's so boring. And sometimes it takes a lot of effort to leave that cute outfit behind because they really don't need another!
Congrats again. We'll have little cousins about 2 weeks apart come next spring!!
Whoo Hoo!!!! A baby GIRL! Laura...I'm SO happy for you, I can't even begin to fully express what I feel in my heart for you right now! Congratulations! Can't wait to meet her and spoil her ROTTEN!
congrats lady that is so fabulous!! yippee so happy for you, doing a happy dance for you right now
How exciting! Congrats.
LAURA!!! I have chills & am sending you all my love I am so thoroughly excited for you, Rob and Noah. It will be so fun for Noah to experience this pregnancy and the magic of a new baby. And all mothers should think they love their kids more than anyone, cause we do! Congratulations a million times over. I can't wait to read all about this journey through your blog. I literally can't stop smiling I am so happy, you made my day!!!!!!!!!!!
You deserve it, babe. You are such a special person and deserve all things that make you happy. Love ya!
Oh my goodness!!! Yay. I'm so happy for you!!
oh my gosh!!!! a girl?! i could only be so lucky! SO SO SO happy for you! you must be due two weeks ahead of me... how fun!
I have to say that I LOVE that you were able to get pregnant so soon after starting your first cycle. ANd I'm SO glad you have felt good this pregnancy! I can't wait to see you in person! YAY for a cute girl and all things pretty!
This is SO exciting!! Noah's going to be a wonderful big brother :)
OMG!!!!! How am I just now seeing this!!!! Congrats, girlie!!!!! I am SO SO excited for you!!!!! AWWW...little girls are SO fun!!!!! Ruffles, Lace, Big Bows......SO FUN!
so amazing!! congrats! and a lil girly~ so much fun! yay~
Yay, yay, yay! Oh she's going to be PERFECT! Again, I'm so happy for you!
You are such a strong woman! So glad you have been blessed with this pregnancy!
Oh Laura, that is so wonderful! I am so happy for you guys! Ps. You will love having a little girl!
Congrats again!
Congrats to you! I've been super out of the loop without internet for a while, and when I finally get back, BOOM! I love it! And I'm partial to girls, as you can imagine. :)
Hey Soeur Perry! I didn't know you had a blog! That's awesome - it's the best way to keep up to date with people. Congrats by the way on your upcoming baby girl! That is so exciting. I'm sorry about the infertility issues you've had. I know a little about how that goes. We've been able to get pregnant twice, but it is quite a challenge! We wanted a bunch of kids all in a row, but it didn't happen for us. We've had some initial testing done and nothing seems to be wrong. I'm sure we could try and do more extensive testing, but at the moment we're not in a place where we can get it done. Anyway, we've got 2 and if that's all we get then we will be happy, but we would like to have more! I love hearing success stories from other people who struggle - there is hope!!
Post a Comment