Wednesday, October 26, 2011

quick, easy, and delish

I've always loved the tubes of crescent rolls for putting various mixtures in them and cooking (making them plain, blah, they aren't great, I'm spoiled from my mom and grandmother's homemade rolls).  I stumbled across this one on Pinterest and made it not one but three different times over the weekend.  They seriously taste amazing!  The actual recipe calls for some basil on it as well...but I am repulsed by basil and any strong herbs right now.  I also make them smaller.  So quick and easy to whip up with some veggies for a quick dinner or lunch.  And I'm going to make some as an appetizer for a Halloween party this weekend.  Yay!  Quick, easy, and delish food is the best!!


Ham and Cheese Rolls

1 Tube reduced fat crescent rolls
4 Slices deli meat (the thick kind, I used black forest ham)
Grated Swiss cheese

Unroll crescent rolls and put two triangles together to form four rectangles- kind of stretch and flatten them out.  Top each with a slice of meat and grated cheese.  Roll up, cut in half and place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 375* for 11 minutes or until golden brown on tops and bottoms. 

SOOOO good!!

10 comments:

Val said...

My mouth is watering........perfect treats.

Unknown said...

YUM! haha, I understand the strong herbs...these are also good for home lunches. freeze and by the time lunch rolls around they are defrosted and ready to eat!

I WANT Grandma's rolls! That sounds heaven! With lots of butter!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Yum, you had me at crescent roll...

Brandi said...

I will be making them tonight, thanks!!!!!!!

marie said...

I love salad and eat it everyday, but when I was pregnant I couldn't even look at lettuce. I love basil, hopefully when beautiful baby girl comes so will your normal appetite. And Swiss cheese is heaven.

Courtney B said...

Yum! I have brown sugar ham AND cresents on hand! Guess I know what's for dinner tonight ;)

STUFT mama said...

Fabulous idea with the cresent roll. YUM! I'm so going to try these for my boys! :) Yay!

Ashley said...

yum yum! An easy treat and delicious!

Sharstin said...

Oh I love a easy and delish recipe! Happy weekend~

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

yummy...my kids would love those.