***************
A couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning Rob and Noah were getting into the car headed to Noah's soccer game and they heard my mom yelling at them across the street...she was peeking over the fence...on her horse.
My parents had ridden their horses down the equestrian park to our house. They live at the top and we are at the very bottom.
I swear my parents are the cutest. It was a fun surprise to see them outside of our neighborhood on their horses. Noah got a kick out of it too and had fun sitting on my dad's horse Tex.
Major back-lighting anyone?
Lately I have been craving anything savory or comfort food-like, especially potatoes which I would normally pass up. My friend was telling me about these buttermilk mashed potatoes she made...they sounded so good. I had to whip some up...and I did...and they were awesome! It's an Ina Garten recipe- give it a Google.
Last weekend I was supposed to have a girls' night with three awesome friends but two of them had to cancel. So we revamped our plans and my cute friend Amy came over and we ate dinner at my house. The mashed potatoes were at that dinner...we also had the Dressed Up Sloppy Joe's from OBB (I know sloppy joe's, but like I said I am craving comfort food, and the OBB recipe is yum), an amazing spinach salad with poppy seed dressing and sparkling apple cider that Amy brought, and pumpkin bars (look for the Kruseaz kit with the gingerbread crust- so good). It was an awesome night! Except for Noah showing off and falling head first onto the tile floor. I was stressed out the rest of the night that he might have a concussion. I guess he has a hard head because he is fine. Good thing daddy was there to snuggle with some Star Wars the rest of the night while Amy and I headed to a late movie!
1 comment:
I think the best kind of life is one so full you can only live it and not write about it. Although journaling is so fun to look back on.
I only started a blog once all my kids were in school, before that I barely knew what a computer was. I was too busy playing at the park.
I envy your busyness. My life is great, but I have a lot of free time during the day and many many messes to clean. So I am busy too, but in a much more boring way.
Post a Comment