Sunday was Noah's very first day in Nursery all by himself. He is such a big boy! He pretty much ran into the room, picked up a toy, and was off playing with the other kids. He didn't even bother to say bye or look back. He did awesome and had a great time. It is so cute to see him sitting in a little chair with the other kids for a mini-lesson about gospel principles. You should see him try to close his eyes while we pray--hilarious! He doesn't have enough self-control to actually keep them shut. It also made church soooo nice to be able to actually sit there quietly and pay attention. I forgot what it felt like to feel the Spirit at church. Rob and I joke about how it is a free babysitter and that we should totally take advantage and go to brunch or see a movie. ha ha. I am totally kidding.
I was a little apprehensive about nursery and since this is my blog I can say whatever I want. Mostly I was concerned about parents dropping off their snot-nosed sick kids infecting the healthy ones and Noah eating the crayons. But mostly I have to complain that it totally grosses me out that they don't sanitize the toys regularly, or at all for that matter. I'm not that big of clean/germ freak but pah-leez a little lysol would be nice once in a while. (Plus it would help combat the perma-scent of graham crackers, Cheerio's, and dirty diapers) It made me feel better when I found out that they use hand sanitizer before the snack. I guess all the germs will help Noah build an immune system of steel and nursery is definitely better than the alternative.
Thank you nursery leaders for providing free day care for my child so I can enjoy church once again!
5 comments:
Luv it! I agree about cleaning the toys at least they make them wipe their hands before snack time. I guess after a while you get use to the smell and it is like home!
Yay for nursery! Too bad they don't have week day nursery for GNO's and such. Oh well, church will have to do.
Way to go Noah! I totally agree about the whole toy thing. I am a total germ-a-phob and I think it's nasty! Maybe wash his hands in the bathroom after he's done in nursery... :) What a big boy though!
I hear you about the problems with nursery. I could go on and on. Last year we actually had hand and foot go thru our church. Pretty gross, thank goodness Cruz didn't like nursery, although he is now in Sunbeams and loves it!
Ugh! I know! I was in the nursery last Sunday helping. All I could think about were germs. Same thing at the Peds office. I hate taking Lottie there.
Post a Comment