Friday, February 22, 2008

Sun Valley


I love weekend get-aways, and just get-aways in general.  So nice to work hard most of the week, ditch a day of work, then to have a long weekend somewhere special to relax and enjoy. In this case, Sun Valley Idaho. 

Love it here!  Ski resort towns are the best, Rob and I love the mountainous architecture, fresh air, high altitudes, and the winter long twinkle lights strung on the pine trees.

Last night we (Rob-o, Noah, my bro Ches, his gf Evelyn, and moi of course) drove up to enjoy a weekend of family, skiing/snowboarding, eating fantastic food, watching dvds, sledding, and cracking jokes if anyone knows this irreverent company.  Namely Ches.  Though I am sick to death of winter I am fully enjoying it this weekend.

We went out on a limb and didn't bother bringing the pack and play for Noah.  I made him the cutest little fleece sleeping bag that we want to use for weekend adventures.  So far pretty good, for nap time he went right down and stayed put, tonight at bedtime he quietly drank his milk, then wandered up the stairs to bring me his empty bottle and didn't want to be put back down. Hmm, I totally appreciate that Noah doesn't climb out of the crib, YET...

3 comments:

amy k said...

I have yet to make it to Sun Valley. I guess that's pretty sad since I live in Idaho. I have heard it's very pretty.

Have fun! Good luck on the sleeping bag. I have learned my lesson when I don't bring the pack and play.

Unknown said...

I need to make a trip there as well, picture looks awesome even in the snow. Did you stay at your parents? If so talk them into getting a play n pack so it's one less thing you have to bring!

Keli said...

So fun! It looks so pretty up there. I know it sure was this summer, but winter makes those little towns so picturesque.

Glad you're having a good time.