So yesterday the duct cleaning man came to clear out the vent and install a bird proof vent. A ton of stuff came out...and kept coming out. In addition to the bird there were pine needles, feathers, grass, three unoccupied nests (from years previous I assume), and one nest filled with four warm blue eggs. I feel so badly I am now a baby birdie killer. Plus we really pissed off the mama birdie. She was chirping her beek off after being kicked out of home.

7 comments:
You should feel ashamed of yourself. Here Keli is posting all about mothers and you?????
(Shhh, I would have done the same thing. You can only wait so long to do laundry and drying takes forever without any problems.)
mmmmm.... omlettes!!!
I KNEW Gabe would want to make some omlettes out of those poor eggs.
Do you remember the year the birds made a nest in our BBQ? It was so sweet to see them coming and going and taking care of the eggs and then the little birdlings. That is until we opened up the lid and realized there was no way we could ever salvage our grill after the pounds of bird poo all over it.
You did the right thing.
Ohh, I would have felt bad too but clean clothes that are dry is another thing. Is that a real picture from your dryer? And other nests, good thing you got a bird proof vent. I am not sure I can eat any of Gabe's omlettes!
You should hang out with the Sperry's because we've killed a lot of birds over the years (hitting them with our car, throwing rocks at them and killing them, etc). I know that sounds bad but they were all accidents!!!
At least they didn't get through your heater, and make their way into your bedroom! Yes, this happened on many occasions at the Noorda house, and it always ended with A LOT of screaming and a tennis racket.
Sad! Maybe you should've moved it somewhere else. Then again, who knows what I would have done?
Post a Comment