Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Things that gotta go

We saw Iron Man over the weekend and it was awesome. I totally recommend it. Minus the crying babies in the theater. Why are there babies in the theater in the first place? I didn't leave my child with the babysitter so I could hear someone else's little brat.

(Note: please don't utter the following words during a movie or there will be a brawl afterwords "Take the brat out". This was a funny little incident involving a stranger's crying baby and my sis Gabey and bro in law Matt)

There was also what I assume to have been a field trip from the local old folks home (which is fine) except there was also a lot of commentary during the movie from said individuals. Ewwwee, ahhhhh, ohhhh. (Shhhh, I'm trying to watch a movie!) Plus one dude's wheelchair was super high tech with a little lcd screen, which he didn't turn off. We had to duck to get it out of our peripheral vision.

Can I get my money refunded?

9 comments:

Lyf2.0 said...

That is SOOOO annoying. People seriously don't know how to act in public. Sometimes I dread going to the movies because I know I am gonna have to chew someone out.

Babies + Movies = Stupid Parents

Keli said...

Wait, is Gabe there with you? Lucky.

And Iron Man is that good, huh? I thought it would be kinda geeky.

Laura said...

Gabey isn't :(

This was a movie incident a few years back.

Iron Man was soooo good. It was kind of like Batman Begins if you liked that too.

Jenny said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I HATE it when people bring their babies. Come on!!! First of all, they don't get to enjoy the movie because they are taking care of their kid and second, everyone else doesn't enjoy it because the kid is loud! I have come to the conclusion that watching movies at my house is just as good if not better because I can relax, cry, scream and no one will bother me with their stupid cell phone screens that blind your eyes while the movie is on. Ok, I'm going to go punch a pillow now...

Shar said...

Iron Man was really good. And I didn't even want to see it. I'm glad I did. And I'll probably see it again.

Oh the movie theater stories I could tell...

Anonymous said...

Laura, send me your e-mail address so I can invite you to my blog (just made it private).

Heidi said...

I also enjoyed the movie. Pleasantly surprised. It also drives me nuts when there is commentary! Of any sort! Especially if someone's been to the movie. Don't ruin it for the rest of us!

Meg & Josh said...

I saw Iron Man, and we commented on the amount of crying children in our theatre too! Maybe we saw the same show, but I missed the guy in the wheelchair, dang!

Unknown said...

I love getting organized, I just wish I could find things after I organize. Sometimes I do it too well!