Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mrs. Quackers

Last week we noticed a couple of random ducks hanging around our house. Upon further inspection we realized one of them was in our bushes a couple mornings in a row and we had fun repeatedly chasing her away.


After we ran her out Noah discovered why she had been chilling in the bushes...there was a little nest filled with three eggs. We immediately felt bad for harassing the mama duck and have since tried to leave her alone.

She normally covers the nest when she leaves for the day but I think the landscapers scared her off before she had a chance. This was yesterday and we counted ten eggs.


We might have a dozen little ducklings and an attack duck in approximately 18+ days...can't wait!!



4 comments:

amy k said...

One good thing is that you won't have very many bugs or worms crawling around with ducks close by.

Heidi said...

Oooo! I'm excited too!

Rachel B said...

That is so sweet! How lucky you are! I wish we had some ducks. That is something Noah is going to remember for all his life. How cool. Let us know when the babies hatch, we want to come and see!!!!

Jessie said...

Oh my gosh! I hope they all hatch! That is so awesome!

I brought a cat home to my parents while I was in college, and not a single one of us knew she was pregnant until the one of the baby kittens who had to of been a couple weeks old (because it's eyes were open) was wondering the hall of our house!

HOW ON EARTH DID WE NOT KNOW OUR CAT BIRTHED 3 KITTENS!?!?! How did we not hear them? She had them hidden in the back of my parents closet....CRAZY STUFF!