Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Matchmaker, Matchmaker

Last week we reconnected with one of Rob's college friends on Facebook. He just moved back to Utah. Another subject but don't you love how you can find all these old friends? Genius I tell you. Anywho it had been forever since we have last seen him. Like years. I think 8 to be specific. This guy is 31, still single, and 24 carat. And in Mormon years that's like freakin 60. We felt it our duty to help a guy out.

So we hit up a delish little sushi place and invited Rob's cute and also single cousin, Amy. We think they would be a perfect match- especially on paper. She loves soccer. He owns a soccer club and coaches. She is hot stuff. So is he. They are both from SoCal and have that vibe. You know- the one where they look like the same style and that they would just connect.

Maybe it will turn into something? Maybe not. Would be cool but who knows. So far Rob's matchmaking skills have scored him one for two. That's one marriage and one called off engagement (sorry about that- you know who you are).

Have you ever hooked anyone up?

6 comments:

Keli said...

Yeah, that whole engagement thing was pretty crazy. Never saw that coming. Oh well, live and learn.

I've only ever hooked up my neighbor with my receptionist. They got married, had 3 kids, then she found out he'd been having this entire other life on the side. I mean a girlfriend, kids, the works. So after the Deevorce, he married the mistress, had a couple more kids, and are living happily ever after. Weird. I guess I'm not so good at hooking people up.

Good luck though.

Laura said...

Wow you had a crazy neighbor! Glad it wasn't Rob. ha ha.

Rachel B said...

Yes! I set my room mate in College up with my boyfriend's best friend...JEFF BINGHAM!!!!

Lyf2.0 said...

I've hooked up with someone, but never hooked anyone up...

Laryl said...

Yes...I started dating a guy after college and knew right away that he would be PERFECT for my old college roommate. They got married after only 1 MONTH of dating...and here it is 14 years and 4 kids later....
My one and only set-up. So hey...I'm 1 for 1!!

Heidi said...

A couple of times... my problem with setting people up is that it happened to me sooo many times, and each time the person doing the "matchmaking" (if you could call it that) didn't take looks or personality into account. At all. I mean, "He's single and she's single" isn't exactly a recipe for a match made in heaven. Therefore, when someone asks me, "Do you have any cute friends?" I really have to think about it. About ALL aspects of it. Because those so called "matchmakers" don't exactly have my complete trust anymore. And I don't want that to happen to me!