Happy October! I can't believe it is already here. It is difficult to understand how the year can be nearly over...or on second thought, maybe I can with the endless tasks that keep me running around.
I'm always happy to have a new month. I love to start fresh with a new quota (at work), set new goals, and I even get excited about the little mundane things like changing my air filter and cleaning out the clutter that has accumulated in the pantry and closets.
However, this month is especially exciting because it is officially fall with the crispness in the air. Here are a few of the things I am looking forward to this month:
- Family trip to the pumpkin patch
- Burning yummy cinnamon candles
- Cuddling up with a blankie
- The orange blaze of the fireplace
- Home cooked comfort foods
- Noah's pirate Halloween costume
- Trick-or-treating
- A vacation to New York City (no kids)
Most of all I am looking forward to just hanging out at home with my family. I love the cozy snuggly feeling of being inside and spending time together when it gets cold outside. I am so blessed to have a nice home and a wonderful family.
4 comments:
Hey Laura,
This is such a cool way to stay in touch. I'm going to have to look into blogging myself.
I was not surprised with your favorite "October" things because they are so much like mine! I bought a pumpkin today at the grocery store because even though I"ve planned a trip to the pumpkin patch for next week, I just couldn't resist buying one. And Kate's not going to be a pirate but a little witch. She even has a little witch broom, and just before I checked my email, I was looking for flights to NYC because I'm just dying to go. I've even entered the Martha Stewart give away for a trip to NYC to attend the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and a taping of her show, three times a day for the past month, because I want to go so bad.
So, I'm so jealous of you, but am so excited that you get to go at one of the prettiest times of the year. Have double the fun for me, Okay!
This is so awesome and it will be so much fun to stay in touch this way!
XoXo
Angie
ps. the picture of Noah sleeping is so adorable!
Hi Angie!!! I totally miss you!! You should totally start up a blog. Such a great way to keep an on-line journal and for your family and friends in Utah to keep in the know of what is going on in SoCal.
Kate will be the cutest witch. So fun, I bet she will totally love trick or treating this year! So adorable. We are stoked to go to NYC, I am dying for the shopping and food of course. I can totally see you there too, youre a city kind of girl.
We are loving the fall colors in the mountains and will enjoy them for you, but remember you have the beach and we are jealous of that!
Hurry and start your blog, youre a smart computer chick, you will be addicted.
Love you!!!!!
Laura,
Love that you are a blogger! Me too..lottalemons.blogspot.com. I never thought I'd blog, but, it is the best way to stay connected.
Your family is so darling! Love Noah's little hair. Let's do lunch soon!xoxo
omg, amber i love you! lets totally get together for lunch! love that YOU have a blog, i'm saving it for tomorrow when i am bored at work. ha ha.
Post a Comment